What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

PCV valve going south?

Pedro

Reaction score
Looks like my PCV valve is failing or about to fail had some blue smoke in traffic jam & I suspect their is a vacuum in the top half as I couldn't get the oil filler cap off without a pair of pliers !👀🤔🙄

Cycle Guy

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Pedro but I'm sure you will find it a breeze to change after all you are the sites go to tech guy. Is your car a petrol or Hdi ?

Pedro

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Pedro but I'm sure you will find it a breeze to change after all you are the sites go to tech guy. Is your car a petrol or Hdi ?
Petrol so hopefully its more or less a straightforward job I will have the valve seals out while I have the rocker cover off as they are probably on the way out as well

NF7

Reaction score
Petrol does not have PCV valve but a PCV membrane on the top of the rocket cover. You can replace it yourself on the 200THP, but I do not think its possible on the 156THP as its completely inside the rocker cover.

Pedro

Reaction score
Petrol does not have PCV valve but a PCV membrane on the top of the rocket cover. You can replace it yourself on the 200THP, but I do not think its possible on the 156THP as its completely inside the rocker cover.
Yep membrane-pressure cap- flap- valve BMW speciality oil mist stopper etc whatever takes year fancy its still a pain in the butt to fiddle with as I'm currently fixing 3 cars at present so I'm leaving the beast till last 👀🙄

Reactions: NF7