What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

PCV Breather hose check valve

Valex

Reaction score
Looking to install an oil catch can, I found on internet this check valve that should be placed where the PCV hose connects to the turbo intake:
PCV hose valve.JPG PCV hose valve 1.JPG PCV hose valve 2.JPG

I checked on my 156hp motor but I do not have it :rolleyes: . Any idea if it should be there or not?

tm2204

Reaction score
I don't have this either. What's the purpose of this valve?

Pedro

Reaction score
Looks like a little filter? Maybe to stop any crap being blown back into the head

Jumper

Reaction score
I don't have this either. What's the purpose of this valve?
Not on mine Tom and mines the same as yours. There is already a PCV valve in the rocker cover so this would just provide two valves for the same job. Very curious and something I havnt seen before I wonder if its for an RCZ?

Valex

Reaction score
Not on mine Tom and mines the same as yours. There is already a PCV valve in the rocker cover so this would just provide two valves for the same job. Very curious and something I havnt seen before I wonder if its for an RCZ?

From the description list they are for all the 1.6 THP (RCZ 10- is the last on the list). But maybe the list is wrong. Also Google does not find many information except for websites and Aliexpress that sell them. This is just what I think, the spring connected to the valve should open only if there is enough pression from the crankcase vapors. Looking at the valve design I don't think that the vacuum from the intake can open it. The spring stiffness should constantly regulate the pressure on the rocket cover. But as you said, the PVC valve present in the rocket cover should already do this job.

Jumper

Reaction score
From the description list they are for all the 1.6 THP (RCZ 10- is the last on the list). But maybe the list is wrong. Also Google does not find many information except for websites and Aliexpress that sell them. This is just what I think, the spring connected to the valve should open only if there is enough pression from the crankcase vapors. Looking at the valve design I don't think that the vacuum from the intake can open it. The spring stiffness should constantly regulate the pressure on the rocket cover. But as you said, the PVC valve present in the rocket cover should already do this job.
Its not the first time Ive seen odd ball stuff on the 156. The Pug Service box for example gives two diferent part numbers for the throttle body pipe. Mine has one complete pipe from Intercooler to Throttle body which is a bitch to get off. And some cars have that same pipe in two parts.
Also another thing I noticed some 156's have a 27Torx bolt holding the VVT in place and some have a 10mm bolt.

Pedro

Reaction score
A lot of car manufacturers used to destock whilst their cars were in production ie getting rid of older parts I was fixing a Fiat once & wanted a fuel hose & some other bits the fuel hose spares was no longer available but they were probably still fitting them in the factories & that came from a fiat dealership! so it must be a case of we ran out of those bolts so fitted these instead?