What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Passenger electric seat fault.

A

Anonymous

Five weeks old and the passenger electric seat button will not move the seat back or forwards. The same switch moves the seat up or down though!

Anyone else experienced this, or how to fix please.

Regards

Lee

A

Anonymous

go to your dealer,

my car had this too,

this is warrenty....

A

Anonymous

Thanks. Warranty, it should not happen. Also other faults, engine oil failure on start up.

When and how long did your switch stop working please?

A

Anonymous

Going in on Thursday for the 1000 mile check. Also Engine oil failure on the dash. Engine dip stick is okay!

A

Anonymous

Pug have just phoned, the oil engine failure they have cleared. The passenger seat needs a new motor ! How sad is that. A week old and it packed up. Off I go again to pick her up.

A

Anonymous

Do you know how much it is to replace seat motor as my driver seat is not working to go back but every other movement works fine?? It's out of warrenty so not an option :-(

A

Anonymous

MikeyRCZ said:
Do you know how much it is to replace seat motor as my driver seat is not working to go back but every other movement works fine?? It's out of warrenty so not an option :-(

Does the passenger seat work? Might be worth checking the fuse first?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Marco71

Reaction score
My drivers back and fore switch developed an intermittent fault where it would not work, on opening up the control module it the problem was a dry solder joint, all four legs were no soldered at all. Not a major job and a novice could do this.

Marco71

Reaction score
Where's the control module?
You need to undo the screw at the back of the plastic cover on seat and pull away from frame gently, then prise switch module out and take it apart like pics. You can see one switch has come away.

Attachments

• IMG_20210731_192116.jpg
    IMG_20210731_192116.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20210731_192128.jpg
    IMG_20210731_192128.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20210731_192136.jpg
    IMG_20210731_192136.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 37

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Great info for anyone who has had the same issues with the seat's. Know that someone changed the motor first and was down to the switch, so will save time and money if it's down to the switch.
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co