What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Parking Sensor not engaging when in reverse

A

Anonymous

Hi all,

I wonder if any of you can help. i'd noticed something different the other day when reversing but couldn't quite put my finger on it. Today when parking I realised that my rear parking sensors aren't activating when I put the car in reverse.

Usually, sticking in reverse would beep, drop the volume of the radio and show the diagram of the car on the display but now, nothing.

To me it seems like the issue may be with the switch that engages it when in reverse rather than the sensors. Anyone else had a similar issue?

A

Anonymous

Yes.

However, I've sussed the 'issue' and will go and hide under a rock.

Car was cleaned yesterday. I've never noticed the switch on the dash that turns the parking sensors on and off. Guess it was switched off during the cleaning of the dash. I'll get my coat.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
So that's at least two switches on your car that you know are working :thumbup:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Good man for owning up! Many wouldn't :lol:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Easily done !!

At least if anyone else has a similar problem, they know what to check first eh?

Well done a quick fix is what we like...

A

Anonymous

At least you didn't unknowingly turn off the ESP [FACE WITH COLD SWEAT]

Sent from my BV6000 using Tapatalk

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
All you need now is to find the ejector switch when the noise on your left gets to bad lol