What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Our much loved RCZ HDI GT

Claret63

Reaction score
Hi all my wife was involved in a serious accident last night on the M60 motorway, which in turn caused our much loved RCZ to be written off, she was hit at speed from behind causing her to spin 180 several times before finishing up embedded in the central reservation.

She was very lucky not to be seriously injured, the car in question Which caused the accident was joining the motorway at speed cut across three lanes before colliding with her, the driver was High on drugs, tested By the police and was arrested at the scene and detained.

Firstly I would like to pay testament to the strength of the RCZ, I honestly believe it saved her life, I can’t believe the car stayed together and upright with the force of the impact It was subjected too, during the rotation she honestly thought she was about to be fatally injured, the ESP must have played a crucial part.

Anyway as she begins her recovery, I have been tasked to find her another, if any members are thinking of selling their HDI GT, could you please let me know, many thanks.

2retro

Reaction score
Jesus! Glad she's OK. At the end of the day, cars can be replaced, but people can't.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
So sorry to hear your bad news but thank God that your wife is OK as 2retro said a car can be replaced but a life cannot. Wish your wife all the best from all of us RCZers.. Hope you find a replacement Hdi soon and she can get over the shock and feel safe behind the wheel soon. As its a hell of a shock and thing to go through all take care..
Les n Co 😘

Kerr

Reaction score
I'm glad she is ok. That must have been really scary to be sent into a spin and crash at motorway speeds.

Drivers that get behind the wheel under the influence boil my blood. They'll convince themselves they are ok, but they keep doing things like this.

Flanners

Reaction score
Glad your wife is ok. Amount of drug driving on our roads is at epidemic levels...a friend of mine was killed end of last year by a drug/drink driver. No police presence on our roads and a broken judicial system doesn't help....

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I’ve seen your photos on the owners group pages crikey she’s been lucky, glad she’s on the mend, I’ve seen some other owners photos of wrecks and your right the RCZ can take a battering and still protect its occupants.