What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Ounce ready to pounce

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
Let me introduce Ounce.

She's the new workhorse, to compliment the everyday runabout "Purple People Eater" Pug 108, and the sporty fun-mobile "La Gata Negra" HDI RCZ.

Ounce follows in the footsteps of a Mondeo Estate which was used to relocate us to Spain in 2005, and more recently a Pug 5008.
The Mondeo is still going strong, being a workhorse for the family in Madrid.
The traditionalist Jaguar supporters may be in denial, but much of the X-Type, including the estate, was inspired by the Mondeo at the time, mainly because, at that time, Jaguar was owned by Ford.
I am happy with the connection, as our old Mondeo is remembered with kindness for faithful servitude, comfort and economy.

Our new worker will carry, when needed like her predecessors, up to half a ton of produce, fertilizer, etc. locally, or small items of furniture and other goods to our holiday home down South; carpet and leather upholstery being well covered.
Whilst of mature years and bought for pocket money, she is quite refined, well equipped, and as one would expect of a Jag, retains the classical ambiance.
Also, having "useful" rear seating (unlike the RCZ), she will do the airport run when more than two bods to be conveyed.
The 2.2 diesel engine is equally appropriate for our foothills and on the Autovia, being particularly frugal, and with an excellent torque range.
It has an auto box and useful cruise control and other handy gizmos.
One of the main attractions for me is the interior, being upholstered in cream leather and some nice traditional varnished wood veneer, with nothing feeling very plasticky.

This is the first Jag I have owned in fifty seven years of car ownership, but I have driven (road or track) or ridden in loads: Mk VII, Mk II Hobbs Mechamatic gearbox, XK 120 coupe Le Mans C type engine, Tojeiro special, E Type coupe, and a few more modern ones.
And in over thirty motors owned, the only other white car was a MK I Lotus Cortina.
Whilst I have driven numerous automatics, again, this is the first one I have owned.
She is a gentleman's conveyance; a carriage of distinction.
I shall resist the temptation to add a pipe and flat cap as accessories, nor driving in slippers.

I do not envisage contention nor snarling between the two cats; they are entirely different animals, although their behavior on the Autovia under cruise control might feel similar.
In all other respects they are not competing for attention.
LGN pulls rank a little, as when not on duty, is tucked up under cover in her cosy lair.
Ounce is content with a sort of bespoke car port (yet to be built).

Ounce is now ready to pounce.
After the seemingly interminable and treacly process of importing and registering, and our garage workshop attending to a few imperfect items, she is now fully road legal and insured.

Here are a couple of snaps of Ounce settling in, and one of who she is named after.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fs2wjel2ocnu ... n4OAa?dl=0

[taxonomically, strictly, an ounce is a leopard; and with the exception of leucistics and albinos, jaguars ain't white]

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Nice Jag in a nice cool white...

Remind me of the poor mans Jag the rover 800 ?

I'm sure both cats will give you the kind of service you require from them, but I bet the Z is much more fun.

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
Nice Jag in a nice cool white...

Remind me of the poor mans Jag the rover 800 ?

I'm sure both cats will give you the kind of service you require from them, but I bet the Z is much more fun.
AND, curiously, I think the X-Type is very understated and does not turn heads at all. :sleeping-yellow: