What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Orientation of reusable filter for oiling

Greek-R

Reaction score
Hello there, i have a K&N air filter, which my service guys took out to replace with a single use one as they wouldnt maintain it, and i have cleaned the K&N one and will replace the existing one with it until i get a second one so i can switch them and clean them. the problem is i dont know which side is the one that should be oiled so the oil wont get sucked on the MAF. anyone knows if the "external side" to be oiled is the "large" or "small" side?

PS: do all 3 petrol versions have the same filter? (156, 200, 270) ?

Attachments

• 20220924_200003.jpg
    20220924_200003.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220924_200007.jpg
    20220924_200007.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 3

Pedro

Reaction score
I oiled the underside which is the smaller profiled recess on the R/H side as your holding it in photo but I replaced it with the original & left it to dry for 48 hrs I I'm still undecided whether to reinstall it as I did some research & apparently it can send oil mists into the air intake system thus coating the MAF sensor so I will leave it out for the time being until the next full service is due 9 weeks one thing I did notice was the difference in air flow on fast acceleration with the old one back in the box?

Flanners

Reaction score
If over oiled or the oil has not 'dried' before driving then I guess so, I have these oiled filters on several cars in different guises I have never had a problem with a MAF because of them....K&N Pipercross BMC and ITG.

Greek-R

Reaction score
I oiled the underside which is the smaller profiled recess on the R/H side as your holding it in photo but I replaced it with the original & left it to dry for 48 hrs I I'm still undecided whether to reinstall it as I did some research & apparently it can send oil mists into the air intake system thus coating the MAF sensor so I will leave it out for the time being until the next full service is due 9 weeks one thing I did notice was the difference in air flow on fast acceleration with the old one back in the box?
thanks! so the "external side catching all the debris (and the one to be oiled) is the "smaller" side!