What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

One day electrical glitch ?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
So, a couple of days ago, started the car as normal, nav screen rolled open, displayed phone contacts synchro message as normal, but then, message came up saying phone call was in progress.
I couldn't get the message to go, even turned my phone off & back on, so I had to turn the car off & back on then the message went away, but screen showed 0 satellites visible & indicated I was in the middle of a field. I had this part of the problem once before & had a new GPS aerial fitted which sorted the problem, so I thought it couldn't really be that. The issue continued almost all the way through my journey,(@10 miles) then just before I parked up, it suddenly found 4 satellites & displayed my correct location on the map.

Also, I noticed that my headlights were on, even though it was a sunny day. Turning the headlights off & then back to auto didn't solve this. Eventually I turned the headlights to "on" then all the way to off then back to auto & they went out.

When I got back in the car it was dark, but when I opened the car on the remote, the headlights didn't come on, and they always do if it's dark. They did come in when I started the car, but I had the 0 Satellites visible thing again for @ 5 miles, then it found 5 & worked fine the rest of the journey home.

I have had no issues since, no fault messages, or anything recorded in the log. The car runs out of manufacturers warranty in a few weeks, & also goes in for its 3rd service around that time. I was wondering whether to mention this, so it's down as having happened prior to the warranty expiring, but I know that there is little chance of them even trying to do anything, as there is currently no fault.

I was just wondering if anyone has ever had anything like this with their Z & if so, what did it turn out to be ? If in fact you ever discovered that.

tianorth

Reaction score
Report it to your dealership and make sure they record it with Peugeot as an intermittent fault.

Then if it shows up again after warranty has run out you have should still have a claim.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Yeah, cheers Chris, that's what I thought.
I have already mentioned a couple of minor issues, just in case they develop, so I think it's worth telling them about this too.

Really odd events though, and seemingly not related to each other. Very strange. :eusa-think:

tianorth

Reaction score
My diesel had an electrical glitch the other week in that the screen opened as normal but nothing came on it, I drove for a very short time and stopped and switched off, but then put on the ignition again and all worked properly, not done it since.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I'd thought about that, but as it's all working ok again, I wouldn't know if it had done anything or not :crazy:

In the past, sometimes when I've started the car, the screen opens & starts up almost instantly. Other times, it can take 30 seconds or so, maybe even a bit more.

It has never bothered me, as it's always worked fine, up to the other day.

I will mention it when it goes in on the 6th & it might even give me a bit of a bargaining chip when they try to sell me the extended warranty. :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

Worth a shout!

Could also be a glitch in the firmware if the sat nav has been updated recently?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Maps & alert zones have been updated, firmware is already latest. I suppose it might have been the maps or speed cam updates, but it its odd that it didn't do it straight after the update, which was a few weeks previous.

It's going in in a couple of weeks anyway, so I'll keep an eye on it til then, & tell them about it when it goes in, when they try & sell me an extended warranty.

RCZ1

Reaction score
My Sat Nav recently stopped working. Didn't know the roads I was driving (showed me driving in the river) and when I set the Nav, it thought I was somewhere completely different. This happened on a number of days over the last feed weeks. I should point out I did the Risk Alert update at the end of July and it had done this once before then. Since the update it did it on several occasions. However, over the last week the Sat Nav appears to know where I am and the directions have been working as normal.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
So, the car is in for its 3rd service today as part of a service plan I took out when I bought the car.

Everything is covered of course, so nothing extra to pay, well, er, except for the brake fluid change, that's not covered (@£45) and the engine flush, that's not covered (£don't know yet). Oh & we mentioned the MOT when you took the service plan out, but in fact it doesn't cover that either, but you do get it discounted to £30.

I asked if there was any updates advised by Peugeot for my car. The guy said he had no idea what I was talking about. I mentioned that some members of the forum had been told of an ECU software update, and he said that they would never check for any updates unless the owner complained of a fault with the car.

The service assistant told me that manufacturers hate forums. He said they miss inform people about "common faults" that aren't common, and about updates, that aren't updates at all.

I told him about several issues that had been experienced by many members of the forum and he said that he hadn't come across any of them. EVEN TIMING CHAIN TENSIONERS !!! He reckoned that they weren't a problem on the RCZ.

I don't hold out much hope for the "bobble" I keep hearing at low speeds that I told them to investigate, or for the noise I get quite regularly from the front left brake when moving off from standstill, or for the one off electrical glitch I had the other week.

I can only hope that they manage to do the MOT & service without actually breaking anything.

#panickingalittlebit #bettergetmycardout

2retro

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
The service assistant told me that manufacturers hate forums. He said they miss inform people about "common faults" that aren't common, and about updates, that aren't updates at all.

I told him about several issues that had been experienced by many members of the forum and he said that he hadn't come across any of them. EVEN TIMING CHAIN TENSIONERS !!! He reckoned that they weren't a problem on the RCZ.
Brilliant! :crazy: :helpme:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
So, got the car back. It does seem to brake better now, everything else seems as it was when it went in.

Total charge for my "free" service £105. :crazy:

As for my reported intermittent faults,
"groaning" noise from front left after being stationary with foot on brakes -
Nothing found.
"Bobbling" noise at low speeds over uneven ground -
Nothing found.
"One day electrical glitch" -
Nothing found.

The ignorant guy I spoke to over the phone was at the desk when we went in, sat us down, got the paperwork out, then handed us over to a woman as soon as she appeared & he walked off without saying a word to us.

I don't think he likes forums :eusa-think:

tianorth

Reaction score
Wonder if the technicians know what's on the forums, they might be able to diagnose problems correctly

renegade79

Reaction score
Not great customer service there! Your dealer stinks of incompetence! :eusa-whistle:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
It's a shame that people can't be more open minded. Just because it's not written in a memo from Peugeot, doesn't mean that a group of owners can't actually be right about certain issues that have been collectively experienced.

F1 engineers & mechanics are the best of the best, does that mean they don't listen to their drivers when they tell them something isn't quite right?

Anyway, cars back, looks as good as ever, drives brilliantly & hopefully doesn't need to go back to the nasty garage people for another 12 months.

So I might just have to put up with the odd groan from the front brakes, a bit of bobbling never hurt anyone & if the electrics decide to take one day a year off, we all need a break don't we :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
My Sat Nav recently stopped working. Didn't know the roads I was driving (showed me driving in the river) and when I set the Nav, it thought I was somewhere completely different. This happened on a number of days over the last feed weeks. I should point out I did the Risk Alert update at the end of July and it had done this once before then. Since the update it did it on several occasions. However, over the last week the Sat Nav appears to know where I am and the directions have been working as normal.
Mine does that sometimes, usually when I've been in a underground car park and I also worked out that some dash cams can interfere with the sat nav. It would appear the receiver is just behind where the rear view mirror is [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk