What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

oil on top of rocker cover

Nathyluck

Reaction score
hi all , ive just noticed oil on top of rocker cover around spark plug area but have no clue on where its from , cars only done 16k and engine bay etc is mint so a bit baffled , any ideas

Nathyluck

Reaction score
hi there its only around the spark plugs etc not leaking from the sides if that makes sense

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Oil always settles it its lowest point I have seen more than one with oil down near the spark plugs..... But I am no car mechanic.. Some one else may be able to help you further

Pedro

Reaction score
Take a coil pack out where the oil is if its not wet & the chamber is dry with no oil visible then its escaping from possibly the rocker cover which usually means its been off the car at some stage once removed they must be replaced with a new gasket & sealed properly with the bolts torqued down correctly otherwise they can weep oil alternatively clean the oil off & observe the Engine running leaving it to get to max temp

Bobby D

Reaction score
Hi Nathyluck, I think I can help as I had the same issue. (I still do) what I think you will find is a crack in the rocker cover vent pipe where it connects to the engine(on the right hand side)
It was probably caused when the air filter was changed in the past and the pipe bent upwards. The weird thing is I cannot workout how this pipe is attached, it looks like it should have a securing clip but there is not one and I am too scared to pull it any harder incase it breaks leaving a part trapped in the engine. Good news is I cleaned the whole area and it has stayed pretty oil free for the last 6 months so nothing too serious. If anyone knows how to disconnect the rocker cover breather pipe on the right hand side of the engine I would love to know.