What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Oil cooler issue

misterx

Reaction score
Have noticed oil drips under the car recently and last week there was a smell of burnt/burning oil when in stationary traffic. Today there was a visible haze coming in through the air vents. Garage has put it on the ramp and says they think it may be the oil cooler or something in that vicinity. Have authorised 4 hours labour to strip down the oil cooler. Garage says it may be something elsewhere and its just that oil is working its way to the cooler. A replacement is about £300 for the part, if it is found to be the cooler.

Anyone else been through this process before and what was found? Is four hours of labour a reasonable number?

Nemi

Reaction score
I had similar issue few months ago. Oil cooler was leaking. Looking at invoice i see that oil cooler seals were replaced for €30 and additional €50 for labour (1.4 hours).

misterx

Reaction score
UPDATE.....

Great news (NOT). It has been stripped down and found to be the turbo pipe that is leaking and due to various other parts having seized up around it (eg both heat shields) the total bill including parts and labour will be just over £1k.

Just as well I love this car so much. Merry Christmas everyone.o_O

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I hope the garage wrapped all the parts before giving them to your car 🤔 although, probably best not to write “not to be opened before December 25th” on them ! 🎅🏼

misterx

Reaction score
I hope the garage wrapped all the parts before giving them to your car 🤔 although, probably best not to write “not to be opened before December 25th” on them ! 🎅🏼

Hoping I get it back before then. Have got a 2008 courtesy car in the meantime. Some parts in stock but some to order in. At least it has 6 gears and reverse in the same place, the last temporary car was 5 speed and the different gear positioning forced me to think too much.🤕

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
That’s a blow but you know it’s money well spent 👍