What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Oil check light

csb64

Reaction score
Had a service 2k miles ago,about a week later the oil sign and a couple of dashes came up on middle screen,before the display just cleared after saying ok.I checked level all bang on,and checked many times since and still bang on,but message keeps coming up when you start it. 2012 HDI,
Runs fine no other issues
Is this just oil level sensor problem and is it easy cheap fix ?

chrismac

Reaction score
If I understand this correctly, when you start the car the warning lights and messages come on and then automatically clear.

This sounds normal - otherwise you would never know if these warning lights were working or not.

On my car - the illuminated engine warning light clears after 2 or 3 seconds.

Woodso

Reaction score
Again, if what you are describing is correct, when you start up, it is the vehicle is doing is going through it's "health check". If all OK, the warning light's go out, if not the relevant light stay's on and you get a warning message. I have a problem with mine at the moment, the EML light is on with the relevant message.

Pedro

Reaction score
I would get a code reader to check if the ECU has detected a electrical fault first then if its still faulty change the sensor don't how much a garage would charge but its best doing on a ramp as its at the back of the block

Attachments

• Capture oil level sensor.JPG
    Capture oil level sensor.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 5