What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Oil cap

Goatz

Reaction score
Hi guys,
very quick question.
Does your oil cap come off easy? I am referring to the cap on the engine where you fill with oil.
I have the 156 thp and it’s a b**ch to undo, I normally have to use a spanner. I am wondering if my pcv valve is failing, causing increased engine pressure. I have a oil leak from the rocker cover but had the gasket changed not that long ago by an Indy. I am thinking that increased pressure could have warped the rocker cover, in which case it’s not worth paying for another gasket replacement and replace the whole cover instead.

thanks

Pedro

Reaction score
My other half's fiat is the same got to use mole grips to undo it not sure about the vacuum pressure causing a problem as nearly all these plastic engine parts expand & crack with heat over time try smearing the inner top with a little grease then get the car hot let it go cold then see if it make's any difference