What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Noise from stationary

Ian J.

Reaction score
So I'm hoping some clever person will tell me what this noise is. It doesn't happen often and mainly first thing in the morning when the car has been stood overnight, just as the car pulls away from stationary.
On the clip the noise happens at about 4 seconds , the car has now been to 3 different garages over the last 6 months and none have been able to work out what it is including my local peugeot dealer. No fault codes and everything works as it should .

Don't seem to be able to attach the sound recording ????????????

Last edited:

2retro

Reaction score
Can you upload it to YouTube and then link that?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Just a stab in the dark, could it be the clutch flywheel? There have been a few with that issue, including mine. Entire clutch assembly replaced under warranty.

Pedro

Reaction score
Mine has a peculiar engine noise after standing overnight I think it may be the oil pressure build up as once the engine is running up to speed it disappears but lets not forget most modern Car Engines having stood cold means all the mechanical components are in fact only coated with a thin film of oil & there is no oil pressure from cold start until oil has been sprayed into the cams etc. hence you can experience odd noises

DKZ5745

Reaction score
That’s why I always use a lifetime additive when I first get a car, such as molyslip, this leaves a nano coating on all metal surfaces helping protect them, especially on cold starts when as you say, the oil is lacking for a second or two.

Ian J.

Reaction score
Clutch was my thoughts
It's a sequel bit like a fan belt slipping only lasts a second and not all the time just as the car moves off and rarely when its warmed up so presumably as clutch bites
Changes gear fine but will probably get a new clutch fitted
Mr clutch quote £756 so not the end of the world .

Flanners

Reaction score
Another part that is prone to premature wear on the RCZ, I would say that as my R started what I assumed was clutch squealing as you describe last year on 30K there are clips on Youtube of it happening and posts on here, it also started very quietly chattering on idle (check yours).

Assumed clutch release bearing initially but then read around and with DKZ and then reckoned the DMF; sure enough on the warranty claim with Main Dealer no problematic wear to clutch friction material but DMF was goosed, so a new bearing, clutch and DMF that was circa £1500 at their cost (if you are in there do the lot); If you are not getting clutch slip with the tests you can do on the road/driving, I would wager your DMF is too on it's way out! I reckon £756 will not be with a new DMF and just a new clutch kit will not sort it; but in any case my advice would be steer well clear of Mr Clutch for any replacement or diagnosis.

Last edited:

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Mine had gone through the squealing clutch stage, and then started this.

Flanners

Reaction score
I have OCD with cars I would not be able to handle thato_O.....or if it lets go!

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
That was after over a grand on chain, tensioners, vvt gubbins and a service.
Ungrateful little sod.

So I traded it in.