What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

No Turbo ?

Paul Richardson

Reaction score
Only owned my RCZ two days, bought privately, did all my research, it drove perfectly, tested it four times. Took it for a long run today, first hour was fine, then on way home, feels like no turbo, no boost, but no warning lights on dash. Any clues anybody?

Frog face

Reaction score
Have u checked all the pipe work is it burning oil ? I had mine overhauled by midland turbo not that dear ether
Is it a petrol or diesel

Paul Richardson

Reaction score
It’s a petrol, haven’t checked anything yet. Probably take it to my garage tomorrow morning, hook it up to check error codes, but weirdly nothing has shown on the dash.

2retro

Reaction score
I would hold off taking it to the garage straight away. Can be many things that trigger the ECU to think there may be a problem and put the car into limp mode (no turbo) to protect the engine. BUT if there is no issue after a certain period of time or miles it will figure it made a mistake and engage the turbo again. It's happened to me before but I couldn't tell you the exact criteria until it's OK again but it's something like 5 or 7 drives of X amount of miles or something like that. Hope that helps!

2retro

Reaction score
Just checked and it's called '5 Trip Logic' - meaning if the fault was not present for 5 continuous drive cycles the fault will get permanently removed from the memory. The drive cycle depends on the type of failure. Can be just ignition on, warm up cycle or X amount of miles traveled. 👍

Pedro

Reaction score
Check the Diverter Valve it may be seals leaking or it may be failing altogether

Nekminute

Reaction score
similar issues with mine, made a separate topic

On vacation in France right now which is lovely this time of year.
On the way here though when we hit the hills i felt i had no power at all i cant hear the turbo spool up no boost nothing. Neither did i get anything on the dashboard... After the car cools down and i drive off again it behaves like normal until it gets warm again and stops