What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

no power from battery

sim

Reaction score
hi and thanks for excepting me to your forum. Yesterday whilst driving my Peugeot 207,2008. It died and wouldn't start as if it ran out of petrol. so after topping up the fuel and flattening the battery i was forced to call the AA. He diagnosed the problem as the immobiliser whilst indicating it was because of the fuse box next to the battery. However now I can't get any power to any point of the car, not even the dash lights. Could he have disconnected something? can anyone advise me what to do next? TIA

coldel

Reaction score
No idea on the specific car but usual faults on other cars I have had are fuses or loose terminals on the battery. Have you properly tightened the live and negative on the battery, simply being in contact isn't enough to hold the current they need to be securely on.

I would definitely recommend getting a CTEK charger as well, I picked one up in the sale, they do a decent job of reconditioning batteries, running a full discharge cycle and then building up the battery again. It takes the best part of a day but it does make a huge difference.

Last edited: