What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

No compression in one cylinder

NF7

Reaction score
If I'd kept my RCZ I was planning on having a walnut blast done. Apparently the local MINI dealer did a decent job of it. I think at the time I was quoted around £300/£350.

Our local Peugeot dealer, who has subsequently lost the franchise was rather useless. Ok for ordering parts, 99% of the time.
Not every Mini dealer will do it.

I approached 2 official MINI/BMW dealers in Slovenia, both refused walnut blasting on my RCZ - they said they have no idea if it's possible to do it without taking out the entire engine.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Take the engine out?
I can't see why, that wasn't mentioned at the time I enquired.

NF7

Reaction score
Take the engine out?
I can't see why, that wasn't mentioned at the time I enquired.
They said they never did it on the Peugeot even if it's the same engine as the Mini and they do not know if they can manage to get the blaster and the vaccum in place. But they would not check it. From what I've seen, RCZ has more space to do it. But nevertheless, they refused to do it.

Pedro

Reaction score
Your right the RCZ does have better access at the rear of the engine disconnect the pipework then take off the inlet manifold & the valves are all on show ready to get the cleaning done its simple but removing the Engine will cause more complications & is a major job so maybe their looking for a big Money payday ?

Reactions: NF7