What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ 1234

Reaction score
Hi,

I own a Peugeot RCZ 2012 automatic. I have had problems with a rattling noise, white smoke coming from the car and it burning oil a lot. I have taken the car to a mechanic and he is quoting me £800 for a timing belt and a replacement rocker cover as the breather inside is blocked. I think this is too expensive. Do you have any idea how much all of this normally costs? I haven't had much problems with the car until recently but I do like the car. Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks.

Marmite

Reaction score
If that’s what it costs that’s what it costs but I’d get 2 or 3 quotes first be a shame to loose another one to the breakers hope u get it fixed

DKZ5745

Reaction score
It does sound slightly more than I’ve seen people on here paying, but not much. You might be able to find it a bit closer to £600 if you ask round.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes your not really that far out £600 ish for the timing kit and around I think a genuine rocker cover is around £140 but it’s the white smoke and using loads of oil that’s the worry, do you have any oil leaks from the rocker cover? It is possible the valve stem oil seals may need replacing a possible cause of your symptoms.