What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Newbie. Rczr

Kiddy

Reaction score
Hi , my son has been hankering for an rcz for a few years, I loved the look of them, but heard too many tales of problems, he bought a ford fiesta st line instead then.
Now it was time to change and we trawled through loads of different cars, 130n, s3, st3, etc
Then the rczr popped up, I didn't know there was an "R" version.
So we drove 350 miles from Scotland to Peterborough, saw the car , fell head over heels in love with it, paid way too much for it, and had a blast on that 350miles home, hopefully we wont have any speeding tickets arriving in the next few days as we were rather over indulging.
I'm now trawling through the forum looking at posts from past, and putting together our strategy to make sure this car is in top running order and stays tip top.
I'm seriously thinking of getting rid of my slk now and getting an "R" for myself.
Anyway thanks allowing me in, and look forward to much advice, even though it's my sons car, I will treat it as mine as hes still a young kid, 22yrs old and not really mechanically minded, hes a computer tech for RAF .

Pedro

Reaction score
Welcome to the Family Kiddy your son has bought one of the best looking iconic cars on the road in UK & being an "R" it ranks amongst the top marques in its class
So what to expect with running issues there are multitudes of pages on here to help you with any problems & a majority of issues are generically known about with the RCZ variants I advise you look in the different sections for info on what to expect & possibly easy fixes as there are some handy lads & lasses on the forum
One thing I continually stress is Oil services as the Prince Engines are service critical when it comes to lubrication & a lot of mechanical problems stem from Oil viscosity reaching its limits way before the service schedule I change mine with filter on a basis of 3.500-4000 klm & my Engine is clean as whistle under the rocker cover which is why they perform better & to max efficiency when serviced properly
Good Luck with the beast & happy motoring;)

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome to the forum as Pedro stated oil is the critical thing keep it topped up and regular oil changes. The engine is know to use oil.... Its a great car and how lucky 🍀 is your son to have one..
Think 🤔 you will have to get back on the net and get searching for a a RCZ-R for yourself...
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Kiddy

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome to the forum as Pedro stated oil is the critical thing keep it topped up and regular oil changes. The engine is know to use oil.... Its a great car and how lucky 🍀 is your son to have one..
Think 🤔 you will have to get back on the net and get searching for a a RCZ-R for yourself...
Les n Co
Already been looking, but I've got too many toys at the moment, I dont want to forgoe any of them other than my old SLK, which wont generate enough funds for "r" type.
But I'll still keep an eye out and maybe cave in

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
I do have three peougeot in my garage and a couple of other motors. Two of them are RCZs...
Les n Co

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Enjoy that R as much and often as you can!
I also recommend to change the gearbox oil. It will help maintaining the LSD.
And I can only second the statements on regular engine oil changes. Do not drive 20.000 km with one fill.