What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Newbie RCZ........

gravelsandwich

Reaction score
Hi all,
Well I've just bought a 2015 black manual RCZ with 'Black Pack', 19" wheels and an auto flip up nav screen.....and so far i'm stoked!
Actually I've bought it for the Mrs, we've been looking to update her car for a while now which is an Alfa Romeo Giulietta. She likes the Alfa and wanted to go something a tad sportier(has to have 4 seats). She didn't really know what she liked but after checking out BMW 2 series and Audi TT, She settled on a Subaru BRZ. We did come across an RCZ for the first time in a car lot and it instantly grabbed my attention she liked it but dismissed to idea of an RCZ because of their age and km's most of them have. I still didn't give up though.

Anyway we found a nice 2020 BRZ demo, test drove it and were about to buy it when an RCZ happened to come up for sale on FB Marketplace that night. I talked her into just having a look as it would be our only chance as we were down in Brisbane for that week and were driving back to Rockhampton(7 hr drive) the next day. The car was nice, the price was right and after she saw in the flesh and test drove it.......it was all over.

A week later i'm back in Brisbane picking our new RCZ. I never even really knew these cars existed until i saw that one in a car lot a year and a half ago. I've never driven a Peugeot before or know about their cars or reliability but this RCZ feels great to drive and the build quality is terrific. Interior and drive has the same quality feel as as my old mans BMW series 1, that might have something to do with that Magna Styre company?

I believe these they were about $60000 new here in Australia, add on the extras and that's knocking at 70K. With second hand prices around 20-25K that's a pretty savage deprecation. I wouldn't hesitate to bet the RCZ's (especially the R) will rise in value the rarer they become.

Anyhow, hope you liked my RCZ story.............

Last edited:

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome to the forum enjoy your drive and all the rubber neckers as you pass them on the road, enjoyed your post and I am sure you will love the 7 hour drive home 🏡 post some photos of your RCZ for all us RCZers to see.....
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

apple3337

Reaction score
Hi and welcome. Nice story. Fellow RCZ owner here from Oz. Lucky enough to pick up a lovely R a few months ago. I've had a couple of false alarms with the "STOP" light on the dash coming on. No big deal. I've got a very experienced Pug mechanic. It's just "one of those things" and we cleared the log. Most likely a faulty coolant sensor. It hasn't come on for a while so I'll just leave it be. Electrical glitches seem to be very common. Find a really good mechanic because I've seen stories where people have been tolds it's "X", spent a fortune, only to be told it's now "Y" and a cheap fix. There's a few Aussies on here 👍 I also have a Renault MK3 Clio RS. So I try and avoid following the crowd with the boring German stuff. 😎

Ian J.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum
These cars are addictive, I'm on my 3rd and would willingly buy a new one tomorrow if they still made them
Enjoy your future classic

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Welcome. I’ve had mine 7 years which is a record for me. I still love driving it as much today as I did when I first picked it up. Awesome cars 👍