What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

newbie question

jeffreywt

Reaction score
Seriously looking at the RCZ to replace my Passat .
Would like to move to an automatic but they seem to be rare and can't find much comment on the reliability of Peugeot's automatic box ie am I looking at the same sort of problems that
go with VW's DSG box ?
Would appreciate your thoughts,thanks.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
The auto is 156 only. As far as I know it's a torque converter auto, so not like the DSG.
I'm not sure if it's a PSA box or like some other Peugeots, an Aisin Warner gearbox.

Actually, I just read it could be a Porsche gearbox.

JoeF

Reaction score
Seriously looking at the RCZ to replace my Passat .
Would like to move to an automatic but they seem to be rare and can't find much comment on the reliability of Peugeot's automatic box ie am I looking at the same sort of problems that
go with VW's DSG box ?
Would appreciate your thoughts,thanks.
Hi,

your intention to purchase a RCZ caught my attention, for I am considering selling my immaculate RCZ. I love it but being over 70,the firm ride does not agree with my back ache. If you are interested feel free to call on 07554 795162. Joe

jeffreywt

Reaction score
Hi,

your intention to purchase a RCZ caught my attention, for I am considering selling my immaculate RCZ. I love it but being over 70,the firm ride does not agree with my back ache. If you are interested feel free to call on 07554 795162. Joe
thanks Joe.I plan to start looking mid winter (Jan/Feb time ) as ,I hope,prices will have softened up by then.Judging by the prices being asked it looks like everyone thinks it's a sellers market at the moment and they may be right.Good luck with your sale.

JoeF

Reaction score
Hi Jeffrey,

thanks for the response. Best wishes, Joe