What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Newbie here in Southend Essex

pugsy sos

Reaction score
Hi all,
Newbie here, so some light background.......I bought my 2010 GT THP 156 (Grey 41k) at the end of November last year (and joined this forum), but was unable to drive it initially due to illness. I am now recovering following an op and have been slowly putting a few more miles on the clock :0) It was a close choice between the RCZ and a tt (a common dilemma I believe) but the great looks and rarity swung it for the pug, even though I preferred the performance figures of the tt (note the lower case!). I love this car it drives great and I am getting into throwing it around properly (in a safe and proper environment of course) and have no regrets with my purchase but....... it needs a little more go. So why didn't I buy a 200 or R? Well money at the time and being honest I just fell in love with the car overnight and needed a personal lift, so my partner, god bless her, got out her card and bought it for me.
I don't have a garage just off street parking so bought a quality cover, but when the day came about a month ago to uncover her and have a drive (the car that is) the brakes had locked on, but after some light knocking here and there and some patience, issue resolved and off I went. The brakes work fine and stop convincingly even after hard driving, but I may replace/upgrade the discs and replace the pads with some green or yellow stuff equivalents as have used these before with good results. So back to the lack of oomph; I was thinking of keeping it fairly simple, change of panel filter to Piper or K&N, a stainless steel catback exhaust, not a noisy one and of course a remap, likely in that order to make the most of the remap. I guess this is a common thread type, so sorry to bore everyone, but was looking for some comments,views, recommendations etc. I need to watch the costs so have been shopping around but have I overlooked something obvious or any week point that will also need to be addressed if I go down this road. I am hoping to get around 200-205bhp at the end which should give it a little more kick? Can any specific suppliers for the above be recommended, given i currently live in Essex, i have been looking at Rtec in St Albans but happy to travel for the right attention?
Thanks for reading this, much appreciated and all comments welcome, positive, negative or indifferent, everyone is entitled to an opinion and a diff in opinion is always good for some healthy banter :0)
Pugsy SOS

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi pugsy I think you are right the 156 is in need of the remap that a lot of RCZers have done and are very happy with. As I have looked around for another RCZ in September of last year for the wife as I have a Hdi myself, after looking for a the right car Did test drive a few 156s but after having a Hdi ended up with another for the wife good idea on my part as you can guarantee she would of put the wrong fuel ⛽ in one if I had got petrol. 😂 Lol
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome, glad to hear your on the mend and starting to enjoy your RCZ, I too have a 156 which I’ve had remapped and the difference is amazing it feels a totally different car from standard and I’ve only gone for a stage one, I’ve also gained around 8-10 mpg!
I’ve got a K&N air filter and a custom cat back quad tip exhaust with resonator delete not too loud, gives a nice deep tone.

pugsy sos

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys.....Neil, what sort of bhp do you think you have now with your minor mods and remap as they are vey similar to what I am intending? Do u think the K&N is a better option than the Piper filter and sorry, who did you remap?

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I think it’s close to 200bhp although I’ve not had it on a dyno to confirm that, I don’t think there would be any difference between the two filters to be honest. I good mate of mine did it, I wouldn’t trust anyone else ;)