What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

newbie from ireland

theblackstuff

Reaction score
hi all
got my self a 2011 2l hdi diesel rcz a couple of weeks ago,had to sort out a few problems i knew about when i purchased it as it was a bit neglected but after timing belt and a full service and a good clean up i am now enjoying driving it.
still got a few things left to do but will get to them over time.
looking forward to looking around the web site for a few ideas,put up a few pics after her wash20201001_125111.jpg20201001_125119.jpg20201001_125057.jpg

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome to the forum and nice looking RCZ you have got yourself there I have a Hdi and love it just been from York to Cornwall done 900miles and she never missed a beat and average mpg was 56.4 on the trip...
.drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Ian J.

Reaction score
Is that snow surely not in September
Enjoy the car they are pretty unique

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Nice car 👍 they all deserve a little TLC, it’s good that another car has found an owner who appreciates it 😁

Pedro

Reaction score
Nice motor;) they key to a successful long life of a Z is servicing & above all changing the oil/filter before a service is due

Ecrivain

Reaction score
Welcome!

I presume 'the black stuff' is because it's Nera Black? Often difficult to tell in photos. (There's Charcoal and and a darkish Shark Grey, too, I gather!)
It's difficult enough to distinguish snow and suds... I confess I was momentarily fooled, too! :)
But there are also echoes of a TV series, Guinness, and tarmac in that name...

Also, Pedro wrote:
key to a successful long life of a Z is servicing & above all changing the oil/filter before a service is due

BEFORE?? Do you mean more regularly than recommended in the servicing book, Pedro? And does that apply to petrols, diesels or both?

Pedro

Reaction score
Yes defiantly more regular especially on the Diesel I would recommend around the 5000 klm on yours due to the DPF lifespan I have a petrol & mines out between 3.500 & 4000 kml so I know my Engine is running cleanish from all the contaminants that destroy the running gear & the Chain etc from the oil viscosity dying in the Engine but above all else never let the oil level on the dash convince you it has plenty of oil in the sump always check the stick maybe once every fortnight depending on mileage lastly if you ever need any pointers as to how bad your oil health is take out the stick & see how quick it drops off the end of teh stick it it runs like water it may need to come out

Davidorr10148

Reaction score
hi all
got my self a 2011 2l hdi diesel rcz a couple of weeks ago,had to sort out a few problems i knew about when i purchased it as it was a bit neglected but after timing belt and a full service and a good clean up i am now enjoying driving it.
still got a few things left to do but will get to them over time.
looking forward to looking around the web site for a few ideas,put up a few pics after her washView attachment 10402View attachment 10403View attachment 10401
Hi, I'm new to the forum and I'm also from Ireland. I'm hoping to buy a 2 litre HDI in the next few days. I was talking to the seller and he said the timing chain hasn't been changed yet. I was wondering how much it cost to get done in Ireland? Or if you did it yourself, was it much of a job? Cheers, enjoy the car too she's lovely

Ian J.

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the forum and I'm also from Ireland. I'm hoping to buy a 2 litre HDI in the next few days. I was talking to the seller and he said the timing chain hasn't been changed yet. I was wondering how much it cost to get done in Ireland? Or if you did it yourself, was it much of a job? Cheers, enjoy the car too she's lovely
Not sure about the diesel but its over £1000 for the Petrol so not cheap but balance the running costs against low depreciation and it balances out ok.

theblackstuff

Reaction score
Hi davidoor10148
I had the timing belt and water pump done with a full service and full check up at a garage down the road from me i always use for 600euro.
The cars are great to drive but keep it well serviced as said in above posts i change oil and filters about every 5000 mls.
Still puts a smile on my face 😁 when driving so go and buy car and enjoy.
You wont regret it

Davidorr10148

Reaction score
Hi davidoor10148
I had the timing belt and water pump done with a full service and full check up at a garage down the road from me i always use for 600euro.
The cars are great to drive but keep it well serviced as said in above posts i change oil and filters about every 5000 mls.
Still puts a smile on my face 😁 when driving so go and buy car and enjoy.
You wont regret it
Sound for that, that sounds more reasonable than I was expecting!

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
I have been given a price for this job and was very surprised as I now take my cars to an independent peougeot citroen garage cost £360 all in very happy... Main dealer said change after 10 years or 100,000miles but cars are 2013 and 2014 Hdi
Just love em

Jimmy H

Reaction score
Lovely RCZ, I too am from Ireland ( The West) and hope to get an RCZ in the summer, if the wife lets me :). The best looking car on the market by far. Supercar looks.