What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Newbei/ RCZ Virgin

D Scorpio

Reaction score
Good afternoon folks
As the title says I'm a newbie on this site and I've only owned my Z for about three weeks now. I've only got the 156 but I see this as a starting point and whilst it will be my daily it is also going to be a work in progress. I will be documenting the work but depending on how fast or slow it goes I'll either do the whole thing and then upload all the photos or I'll update as I go along.

The car was bought at auction as CAT N. The damage you on the front is all there is to it, I actually drove it home from the auction and I was impressed with how it drove (after all it could've died at any point for all I know)

It had two serious oil leaks (rocker cover and sump), EML due to the camshaft sensor. Those have been done and a service was carried out before we went on holiday as I drove it to the airport, I just need to clean up the engine just to make sure I still don't have any leaks I'm not aware of.
A couple of days before we flew out I had it idling for about 5 minutes outside the house before driving off at which point a puff of blue smoke was left behind, this was the first time it's done this having driven it for a week before that, this blue smoke has now become regular after every idle. I spoke to a friend of a friend who works at Peugeot and he says that apparently these cars don't like sitting around for ages doing nothing and they also don't like dirty oil as that can cause all kinds of issues so I guess sitting around at an auction for god knows how long plus when I did the oil change it was black couldn't have help in any way at all

As I'll keep reminding folks I'm a virgin with these cars so no doubt I'll have a lot of questions if I can't figure things out myself so no help will be too little and all will be well appreciated so thanks in advance

This is what I currently need some immediate advice/ help on.
Is the blue smoke issue the valve seals or could it be a turbo or turbo seal thing?
I include the turbo as I've seen oil in the intercooler pipe and I'm not sure just how much if any oil there should be in those pipes

Oil is in the hoses circled in red
Hose circled in yellow just seems to push on onto the rocker cover but all the ones I've seen online for this car seem to have clips on both ends. Can anyone confirm?
The blue circle is of some vacuum pipe that just sitting idle behind the rocker cover. What's that for?

Once again, thanks for any help you can offer

Attachments

• a7ce0x4q95v1kgw814vfkkgc3kyozi6ta3755824.jpg
    a7ce0x4q95v1kgw814vfkkgc3kyozi6ta3755824.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 12
  • jfpxptvcpny7kqhxamyplk6xkpjuvgoa5b33f306.jpg
    jfpxptvcpny7kqhxamyplk6xkpjuvgoa5b33f306.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 10
  • fbhozs6bwoe4xtxxlsv6isa7b7hpxv1u4de08377.jpg
    fbhozs6bwoe4xtxxlsv6isa7b7hpxv1u4de08377.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 20230425_180128.jpg