What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

New to the peugeot rcz

Rob G

Reaction score
Hi all I'm new to the rcz cars ive just bought a 2lt 2013 diesel. I have a few issues I'm hoping someone can help with.

1) my sat nav radio screen cuts out like its doing a reboot car doesn't cut out just radio and sat nav now and then then it says sd car missing or inserted wrong. I have a card inserted but it was there when i bought the car so I'm not actually sure if its working or whats supposed to be on it.

2) I want to clean the inside but I'm worried the cleaning stuff will mark and stain the upholstery on the dash its like a soft swade not a typical plastic upholstery.

3) how easy is it to fix the wing mirror heater. left side not working right side and back demister working but the fuse keeps blowing and the fuse so I'm guessing its the left side thats blowing the fuses

Cheers Rob

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Rob
Welcome to the forum and hope you get sorted out with the issues you may have....
If you can post some photos of what is happening one of us members will be able to get to the bottom of your problem....
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Ian J.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, going for the diesel is a good shout , the engine has a solid reputation for reliability.
The other irritations you'll get you would probably get from any 7 year old car.
There are some knowledgeable owners on this forum{I'm not one of them I'm afraid} so I'm sure someone will be able to help.

Rob G

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, going for the diesel is a good shout , the engine has a solid reputation for reliability.
The other irritations you'll get you would probably get from any 7 year old car.
There are some knowledgeable owners on this forum{I'm not one of them I'm afraid} so I'm sure someone will be able to help.
Thanks Ian. My rcz is the spitting image of yours what do you use to clean yours. I'm not sure what stuff to use gloss or wax. Ive read stuff and it says not to use certain stuff so now paranoid that i will mess the paint work up and stain interior

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200926_181533_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200926_181533_com.android.chrome.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20200924_151422_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200924_151422_com.android.chrome.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 13

Ian J.

Reaction score
I use some really expensive stuff called water.
Seriously , my wife used to work for a Rolls Royce dealer and they would only ever wash the cars using water because they reckoned additives ruin the paint.

Pedro

Reaction score
I use Turtle wax on the body & Carplan leather cleaner & nourisher on the interior never had any issues in over 4 yrs of regular cleaning & mines all leather inside so check the handbook if you have one or look up a reviews of your model on the web their good for info if your unsure

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
I wash my RCZs with autoglym products only, shampoo conditioner, aqua wax, fast glass and once a year I use high definition wax.... Always get good results.. 

Attachments

• DSC_7958.JPG
    DSC_7958.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC_7951.JPG
    DSC_7951.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Rob G

Reaction score
Thanks I'm not 100% sure its real leather inside I'm not sure where I'd find that out. The only manual i have is a online 1 i found i was thinking of just getting car plan leather and trying it on the sides thats hidden from view when the doors are closed. I was going to get the autoglym conditioner and give it a go. Thanks for the help 👍