What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

New to RCZ. What do I need to know?

q292u

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy an RCZ, seen a couple around locally. What do I need to look out for, and how expensive is ownership?
I'm not looking for an RCZR, I simply don't need to go THAT fast. In fact, I quite like the idea of buying a cheapie and fixing it up. Never had a diesel, so probably stick to petrol. Am I right in thinking that a lot of parts are shared with other models eg 308? Any suggestions?

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome there’s just too much to list, do a search through the forum for things to look out for as any car owners groups and forums are a place for owners looking for solutions to problems and after trawling through them it’ll frighten you off from buying. Main thing is timing kit on petrol make sure car is started from cold if it sounds like a diesel it needs a timing kit at around £600 it’s true that the Diesel engine is the more reliable in general.
There are crossover parts from 308 and Citroen’s DS too.
As with any car purchase buy with your head not your heart good luck 👍

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't rule out the Hdi very reliable and good on fuel from the outside you can't tell the difference from looking at the cars petrols are mainly 156bhp then 200bhp and of course the RCZ R 270bhp (167)and the Hdi 163 - 165bhp. The Hdi is 80kg heavier and the R is the light weight but not in power....
Check the jacking points for damage...
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

q292u

Reaction score
Cheers guys. If I'd paid attention to the forums I'd never have bought a Megane. (I have 2, one's a CC). Still not sold on diesels though. Depends on the deal I suppose.

MagnaSteyr

Reaction score
Hi q292u, Great advice has already given from our chums on this thread ... let me weigh in with a few thoughts as well because the apprehension about what to look for and associated costs of ownership has been real for all of us at some stage. Bottom line - the monocoque's are beautifully made - the electricals are reliable - the interiors are hard wearing - and the Prince Engine in all its RCZ variants is a reliable, smooth long lived engine BUT that comes with the condition that it's been faithfully serviced by a Peugeot savvy outlet, had it's oil changed regularly and driven within its full rev range. Under driven, under serviced, under revved RCZ's that have had no regard for regular oil changes (use only the recommended spec oil) will give trouble. Fresh oil is crucial to these cars! By keeping to these laws I've not once, experienced any kind of mechanical issue with any of my 6 RCZ's. Beyond this it's all in your hands. Look after your RCZ and it will look after you. Most owners are fastidious so walk away from anything that looks less than pristine or doesn't have flawless service records. It's worth the wait to get a good one.

Last edited: