What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

New rcz owner

nwRCZ

Reaction score
Hey. Just bought myself a thp200 rcz with 27k miles on the clock. Done some basic mods so far such as custom induction kit. Silicon hosing, remap and vogtland coilovers. I've not seen much else in the way of power for stage one or aesthetic modifications and would like some input.

And for those interested here is the engine and car :) (induction kit will be hard piped soon btw rather than Flexi thermal)

Attachments

• IMG_20221025_174400.jpg
    IMG_20221025_174400.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20221202_160350.jpg
    IMG_20221202_160350.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 29

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome to the forum and nice RCZ you have got yourself there what's the bhp after the remap...
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

lfe

Reaction score
... as for the air intake being in the engine problems arise when it begins to suck in hot air which can actually decrease the HP of the engine?

Exactly, hotter means less mass of air, plus that closed curve in the intake and that complicated path to reach the entrance of the red tube makes the passage of air even more difficult.
That air intake is definitely worse than the original one.

nwRCZ

Reaction score
Exactly, hotter means less mass of air, plus that closed curve in the intake and that complicated path to reach the entrance of the red tube makes the passage of air even more difficult.
That air intake is definitely worse than the original one.
Thanks for the advice. Current Air intake is an enclosed unit and meets a larger opening behind the bumper, air temp hasn't changed when hooked into an Obd reader :) edit: forgot to mention about pathing. Yeah it's not great for the minute currently in process of getting a shorter tube and cutting to appropriate length/ hard pipes back to similar length of original intake

Last edited:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
You should be fine with the 240bhp ONLY AEK on here is running close to 260bhp on a 156 with no reliability issues.
There’s one company who are looking into releasing an intake system that they’ve been trailing on a 308 gti guaranteed to increase performance.

nwRCZ

Reaction score
You should be fine with the 240bhp ONLY AEK on here is running close to 260bhp on a 156 with no reliability issues.
There’s one company who are looking into releasing an intake system that they’ve been trailing on a 308 gti guaranteed to increase performance.
That was gtintake I believe but you need to relocate maf and I'm no good with electrics 😂

lfe

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. Current Air intake is an enclosed unit and meets a larger opening behind the bumper, air temp hasn't changed when hooked into an Obd reader :) edit: forgot to mention about pathing. Yeah it's not great for the minute currently in process of getting a shorter tube and cutting to appropriate length/ hard pipes back to similar length of original intake
The stock intake system is already efficient, don't expect any improvement with that filter.

nwRCZ

Reaction score
The stock intake system is already efficient, don't expect any improvement with that filter.
So it's likely the6hp increase I saw is likely due to another mod ? That's a shame. Luckily it was a part from my last car so no expense spared but it's unfortunate I put the work in. 😂 Some nice induction aounds tho so not all bad