What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

New rcz. Eml light and error codes

123ben

Reaction score
Hi

I am a very new rcz owner (2 days)
I'm hoping to get some advice from your knowledgeable self's (after lurking in this forum pre purchase)

My car stutters when under hard acceleration 1.6 200. Mainly between 3.5 to 5.5k revers. Only very slightly but noticeable.

I'm covered under the 3 month dealer warrenty and the car will be going back on Monday for repairs.

This evening I had the aa out as it went into limp mode. Total loss of power. But after turning off and on it works fine. But still eml light.

I have the following error codes and it seems like a lot. But the aa guy said it could be one issue that's throwing up multiple codes.

Any ideas

Patrol found the following fault code/s:System : Engine control 1 - 9FG / Motronic MEVD 17.4.2 Status :p0948 - Engine oil pump. Error Message : Short to B+. Error static. Status :p1385 - Engine oil viscosity. Error Message : Wear/knocking combustion detected. Error sporadic. Status :p2337 - Knock control cylinder 3. Error Message : Uncontrolled combustion. Error sporadic. Status :p1062 - Variable valve timing. Error Message : Engine power too low. Error sporadic. Status :p0945 - Engine oil pump. Error Message : Open circuit/no signal. Error sporadic. Status :p1336 - Random/multiple cylinders. Error Message : Misfire detected. Error static. Status :p1338 - Ignition failure, cylinder 2. Error Message : Misfire detected. Error static. Status :p1340 - Ignition failure, cylinder 4. Error Message : Misfire detected. Error static.Patrol carried out the following special function/s:Special functionsAdjustments / settingsReset adaptation parametersCamshaft adaptionVariable camshaft timing adaptationBasic checks oil and water ok. Member purchased vehicle today, has driven vehicle around 20 miles. When near home EML came on and started running rough. Various fault codes stored, reset adaptation parameters and cleared fault codes. Start vehicle, no unusual noises runs ok and revs normally. No fault codes returned. Advised member take straight back to the garage and have it checked

Thank you

Pedro

Reaction score
Get them to check the fuel trim/Pressure maybe its pump related Mine juddered & on the OBD live scan the fuel trim readings showed the HPF Pump was failing at 47 MPH upwards & the fuel pressure was dropping under load another pointer can be multiple misfires & combustion errors causing timing issues

123ben

Reaction score
Get them to check the fuel trim/Pressure maybe its pump related Mine juddered & on the OBD live scan the fuel trim readings showed the HPF Pump was failing at 47 MPH upwards & the fuel pressure was dropping under load another pointer can be multiple misfires & combustion errors causing timing issues
Thank you.