What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

New Owner

Ginge2202

Reaction score
Hi there guys just bought my first RCZ THP GT yesterday with 58000 on the clock of a 1.6 petrol. Sadly not the 200bhp model but will get it remapped. Not picking it up until the 28th. Any advice on what to look for and listen for when I pick it up.

Attachments

• 1730CB3D-D764-496B-A3CD-0531B8334A49.jpeg
    1730CB3D-D764-496B-A3CD-0531B8334A49.jpeg
    48.1 KB · Views: 11

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Well first of all merry Christmas and you have got yourself a nice Christmas present for yourself there.....
When you see the RCZ try to start it from cold and listen to the engine for a rattle from the timing chain, if you don't hear anything should be fine, also check out the middle brake light for LEDs not working as replacement costs around £200 and finally check the jacking points for damage... If all good and full service history.. Enjoy your drive..
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Ginge2202

Reaction score
Well first of all merry Christmas and you have got yourself a nice Christmas present for yourself there.....
When you see the RCZ try to start it from cold and listen to the engine for a rattle from the timing chain, if you don't hear anything should be fine, also check out the middle brake light for LEDs not working as replacement costs around £200 and finally check the jacking points for damage... If all good and full service history.. Enjoy your drive..Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co
What’s the cost of a timing chain. And the frequency?

Ian J.

Reaction score
Mines recently had a timing chain at 30k and 5 years old.
They can go at any mileage , worth checking if your car has already had it done
About £1000 for full timing chain kit replacement.

Hope you enjoy the car they are a work of art and quite rare so you'll turn more heads than many cars double the price.

Ginge2202

Reaction score
Mines recently had a timing chain at 30k and 5 years old.
They can go at any mileage , worth checking if your car has already had it done
About £1000 for full timing chain kit replacement.

Hope you enjoy the car they are a work of art and quite rare so you'll turn more heads than many cars double the price.
I like the way your front badge looks on your RCZ. Did yours come like that and is it easy enough to convert from the way mine looks?

Ian J.

Reaction score
So yours is a mk1
There is a guy on the forum who changed the badge on a mk1 to a mk2 can't remember the thread someone else might.
A lot of people think the mk1 is the better looking car

Ginge2202

Reaction score
So yours is a mk1
There is a guy on the forum who changed the badge on a mk1 to a mk2 can't remember the thread someone else might.
A lot of people think the mk1 is the better looking car
Think I will get it blacked out with the car