What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

New Gear Knob Options

will_berry70

Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm wondering if this will fit my RCZ as it claims to fit almost every other Peugeot. It has a 2.2cm diameter. Also am I right to think that the knob is 'pull-off'?
:

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Fitting a new gaiter is easy the surround pulls off has two slots to the rear so pull up from the seat end first..the gear knob looks like the one that is put on the Hdi RCZs if you have a diesel and would fit I would fit the nice RCZ chrome one to be honest,this is a nice sporty looking but that's just my opinion...
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Last edited:

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score

will_berry70

Reaction score
Fitting a new gaiter is easy the surround pulls off has two slots to the rear so pull up from the seat end first..the gear knob looks like the one that is put on the Hdi RCZs if you have a diesel and would fit I would fit the nice RCZ chrome one to be honest,this is a nice sporty looking but that's just my opinion...
Les n Co
Ah so where's the best place to find the RCZ chrome knob?

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score

BobM

Reaction score

12MM

Reaction score
This original RCZ R or GTi knob does not have a good shape at all, a sphere is ideal. I have changed this red one in my RCZ-R after two years for a ball from a Citroen DS. They come in a variety of colors including a leather version that I bought myself. For your black RCZ, this solution seems best to me:

knh316

Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm wondering if this will fit my RCZ as it claims to fit almost every other Peugeot. It has a 2.2cm diameter. Also am I right to think that the knob is 'pull-off'?
:

When i put my make and model in the ebay box it say it wont fit.i too am looking to get a new one without much success

BobM

Reaction score
As I wrote, I bought this knob instead of the original red RCZ-R knob for my RCZ-R. So it fits 100%, 10sec to install. I only have a leather one, I am attaching the link:
This is really nice thank you. I must say I have only ever driven with a sphere so did not really think about comfort. I will take your word for it if you changed for that reason alone. I messaged some breakers on eBay and they said they will take one out from a salvage for me. If I find one in good condition I may get an original. I really like mine its just the condition is not very good.

Thanks for the message.

will_berry70

Reaction score

will_berry70

Reaction score
As I wrote, I bought this knob instead of the original red RCZ-R knob for my RCZ-R. So it fits 100%, 10sec to install. I only have a leather one, I am attaching the link:

just take a look at the third picture, there is the knob from the bottom.
Weird it actually says it doesn't fit the 2.0 Hdi RCZ (which I have) but I'd be very surprised if the HDi has a custon gear stick.

BobM

Reaction score
Weird it actually says it doesn't fit the 2.0 Hdi RCZ (which I have) but I'd be very surprised if the HDi has a custon gear stick.
I have the 1.6 Gt petrol so it may not fit mine either then. I am a total car noob so not sure about these things.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Well here is the one I have put on my Hdi and it has the six gear marked on as well as reverse.. IMG-20221210-WA0046.jpgIMG-20221210-WA0046.jpgIMG-20221210-WA0048.jpgthis also fits the petrol as well as Hdi
Hope this will help you out
Les n CoIMG-20221210-WA0047.jpg

BobM

Reaction score