What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

New Cover for RCZ

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Hi you lot !
Just want to share my latest purchase for my RCZ.
After loads of hesitation I have finally bought a cover for the car.
Have a look see what you think...
Before

Then after a bit of pulling.....

Pretty good beading too !!!

Tell me what your think, it's 3 ply and stretchable with pockets at sides for strap buckles.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

ianGT156

Reaction score
I'm not sure I like the new wrap.

It has wrinkles in it but on the good side, it's very clearly got a good wax on it :crazy:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks great Mick :thumbup: I’ve been pondering about purchasing one for a long time now, after a bad experience with a very expensive caravan cover that damaged the Perspex windows on a caravan I used to own I’ve been very dubious about using one on my Z :eusa-think:

What is the inner material like on yours? And whereabouts can I buy one?

Plecodoras

Reaction score
ianGT156 said:
I'm not sure I like the new wrap.

It has wrinkles in it but on the good side, it's very clearly got a good wax on it :crazy:
Yes it's not as good as the old wrap but it still shouts out RCZ R. !!!!

Can't do anything about the wrinkles I'm afraid, my z is getting on a bit now and we can't stop time......

Cheeky lol.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Eyup Neil,
I can give you the details for how much where I bought it etc no probs but since you are so close you'd be better seeing it in the flesh so you can make you're own mind up.
For me having it personalised was obvs my choice because it is hidden behind a seven foot wall, no one can see it so I don't mind it displaying what it is. It would like cool with the Peugeot lion and Launch Edition underneath but then people know what it is. This is a double edged sword really, have it personalised and people know what it is, or not and then do you get them wanting to look under to see what it is. Tricky ?!
Incidentally for anyone thinking about one, this was £225 all in, but I'm sick of the pigeons using the car as target price and local fallout.
Cheers.

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
Eyup Neil,
I can give you the details for how much where I bought it etc no probs but since you are so close you'd be better seeing it in the flesh so you can make you're own mind up.
For me having it personalised was obvs my choice because it is hidden behind a seven foot wall, no one can see it so I don't mind it displaying what it is. It would like cool with the Peugeot lion and Launch Edition underneath but then people know what it is. This is a double edged sword really, have it personalised and people know what it is, or not and then do you get them wanting to look under to see what it is. Tricky ?!
Incidentally for anyone thinking about one, this was £225 all in, but I'm sick of the pigeons using the car as target price and local fallout.
Cheers.

You could have the Lada logo emblazoned on it! :lol:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I’ll have to call over and have a look. :beer:

Grimreaper

Reaction score
How about this cover I use a retractable cover.

Attachments

• C140753A-9E3D-4E87-B044-2032F1A5E81B.jpeg
    C140753A-9E3D-4E87-B044-2032F1A5E81B.jpeg
    160.9 KB · Views: 1,064

Plecodoras

Reaction score
RCZ1 said:
My cover - lovely and soft. I only use it in the garage to keep the dust off

Yes very nice!
This was going to be my idea..
A nice soft good fitting indoor cover and then put another waterproof one on top. I thought that would do it. But the guy from the company that made mine said it would have problems with drying and condensation underneath and that cover technology has changed massively over the last ten years. ( shout for you there Neil - or caravan cover + perspective windows ).
So I decided to go with him and get a custom type cover once and for all. I've had it on a week and can't believe the birds haven't christined it yet. !!

Flanners

Reaction score
Looks good, previous owner gave me an unused one that looks very similar when I bought my car from him, I won't be using it. Look forward to an update of you using it, dont't see much of a problem over the Summer but Winter would be the decider for me, as every cover I have ever seen in action has caused issues.

The car being put under if it is wet/damp causing water spotting/marks (also paint blistering), when bodywork not spotlessly clean causing scratches, cover frozen to bodywork then moisture trapped under cover when thaws, luff marks from cover movement and fine scratches to clear coat etc. If it works it will save me £75pcm as I have literally just rented a garage near me to store my Alfa GTV V6 as I cannot handle it out in the elements now the R has arrived.