What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

new car

A

Anonymous

Hi,
Just bought a new RCZ GT after less than a week the clutch fell flat to the floor and would not work.
I rang the AA on the advise of the Garage I bought it from they fixed it but said to take it to the garage asap as it was dangerous and could happen again. The garage fitted new parts and had it two days. i have a question do you think I should try and claim compensation in some way?

A

Anonymous

Personally I think the compensation culture we find ourselves in nowadays is ridiculous.

Yes, an incident occurred and could have resulted in harm, however the result was a mild inconvenience in that you didn't have the car for a couple of days.

The garage stumped up and paid for a replacement, so it shouldn't happen again.

If I were to offer my advice it would be to just let it be and enjoy your RCZ experience. What benefits would there be claiming?

RCZ1

Reaction score
^^^^ What he said :thumbup:

The trouble with cars, or anything mechanic for that matter. Is that any part can fail, at any time.

A

Anonymous

It's not like u where hurt. Now if u'd missed a flight for a holiday or some like that might be different. I realty hate this claim for everything culture sometimes bad things just happen ;)

A

Anonymous

I don't really know that you can ask for or expect compensation if I'm honest. I understand your frustration and irritation and empathise with you fully. As long as the issue has been rectified (presumably at no cost under warranty) then I think you have probably already received the best possible outcome.

A

Anonymous

So sorry Rczdww that you feel that a claim in necessary. I too hate this stupid American originated claim culture. I hate people claiming money from say the NHS or any other Government body. We are then left with a service underfunded because some selfish greedy individual has made a claim in the way that you think would be appropriate for a mechanical failure that was repaired FOC.