What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

New battery

Zapp

Reaction score
Bit of a odd one ... just had the battery changed on Mr Grey and before changing my volt meter( built into the sound processor ) it would show a solid 14.4 volts dropping to 13volts at tick over all good .
Changed Battery and display and hand held volt meter shows 12.4v constant even on tick over and when driving accelerating still shows 12.4v but on over run ( of throttle) it charges at 14.4v then back to 12.4v when I stop
Any ideas ??

Pedro

Reaction score
Batteries usually hover around 12.4 according to the professional mechanics tester I nick off my youngest now & again if the battery was going south it will let you know its not feeling well 🙂

Zapp

Reaction score
But why would it only show charging at 14.4v when slowing down ?

Pedro

Reaction score
The Alternator actually chargers better at low speed according to a certain source (mechanical son) who services Police vehicles for a living & who shall remain nameless because he is bigger than me & I'm 6'3 but slight more rounded 😄

Zapp

Reaction score
It seems strange that it was showing a good 14.4v charge on the old battery ( although not holding charge ) now it holds at 12.4v
Gonna get the guys who fitted. It to check that the earth terminal on the battery is tight as I don’t remember seeing the guy tighten it plus it’s not accessible without taking the plastic box surrounding the battery off
Thanks for input tho much appreciated

Pedro

Reaction score
I had mine out on Sunday so I know where your coming from 👍