What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

New alloys options

A

Anonymous

Hi all!

I decided to dowgrade from 19 to 18 inch alloys. There are two reasons for this:
1) Lower tyres cost
2) Personalization

My Z is black with silver arches.

I narrowed down to two options, both from Tomason, but cannot make final decision. First option (TN12) is a variation of common 5-star. Looks really good and gives more elegant look. Second one (TN10) is more modern and aggressive and I think it somehow fits the arches (maybe it's just a colour delusion).

The size is not exact, as I photoshopped over 19" Sortilege. Brakes are not visible - too much hassle to add (or maybe I should?).

Please post some reasoning for one or another to help me decide! :)

Attachments

• btn10-2-small.jpg
    btn10-2-small.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 4,077
  • atn12-2-small.jpg
    atn12-2-small.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 4,077

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score
This prob doesn't help at all, but I thought I'd just throw in my 2 cents - If I was going to downsize to 18s I'd get some super wide wheels all round ;) This would prob negate any tyre saving though. 18x10.5 would easily fit on the rear with the right offset :)

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
They’re both nice wheels there’s so many wheels out there you just have to bite the bullet and choose! I’ve been looking for options and it’s such a hard decision I thought these look quite tricky if your after a race look they’re from Kambr under £700 for a set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_6021.JPG
    IMG_6021.JPG
    158.7 KB · Views: 4,009

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Prefer TN10, although I am a big fan of bigger is better as far as wheels are concerned. If I was to swap, which I won’t, I would have gone for 20” with Lower profiles - but that really wouldn’t help with your wallet or driving comfort. They would look awesome though :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I would really love to have 20" wheels, but they are just too expensive. Those I showed cost around £575. And they look good to me, so I can have "the looks" and save some money. Win-win ;)

Thanks for votes. The winner is... TN10!

But...I read they are not good for winter use. Should I worry or is this just to trick us into buying two sets? The coating might be thinner, so it makes sense, but is it that significant?

Plecodoras

Reaction score
They are both nice, but I would have gone for the first option, they look similar to Mercedes Benz wheels, and I like to see the discs and calipers.

Going down to 18" should improve comfort and economy for the costs.

Seen a couple at the meets with 20" wheels, they don't leave much room in the arches.

Follow your head, I'm sure they'll all be good.
:beer:

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
Presumably, if you change rim diameter and therefore rolling radius, you have to mod the speedo?
How do you do that? :eusa-think:
With my Zero and Smith's Flight instruments I just had to push the trip reset a few times, drive a kilometre, more button pressing, and Bob's yer uncle! :thumbup:

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score
You adjust the tyre profile to match the original rolling diameter.

A

Anonymous

235/40 R19 -> 235/45 R18
Overall diameter will drop by 1,9 mm, so circumference will drop by around 6 mm (hope I calculated that right). So the change is rather negligible (less than 1%).

I ordered TN10 yesterday. Now I need to buy proper spacers. Original 19" Sortilege are ET27. If Tomasons are ET40 and same width, more proper spacers would be 15 mm, right? Do I need spacer without centric lip too, to fill any possible empty space, or 15 mm with lip will be sufficient? Or 15 mm could be without lip? What is length of the hub? Couldn't find information on this part. Does anyone have technical prints with dimensions, spacing, etc?

For tyres, better Hankook Winter i*cept evo2 W320 or some Falken ones (which then, with similar or mby lower price)?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Chris has access to tech drawings & part numbers (Tianorth) but not sure if they show dimensions :eusa-think:

tianorth

Reaction score
Steve (RCZPerformance) would be the better person to talk about spacers and offsets etc.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score
Assuming the width of your new wheels is identical, to have the wheels sit exactly where the current ones do, the perfect spacer would be 13mm, but 15 will be much easier to find. Assuming the wheels are the same width, you could easily go up to 20mm to have them sit a little more flush in the guards. You should definitely get hubcentric spacers and longer bolts, or hubcentric hub adaptors.

Why didn't you buy wheels that are the correct offset? It's much better not using spacers if you can avoid them (for example they're illegal in Australia).

DanRo

Reaction score
For me the second ones look the best, but of course you made them 19" large on the pictures
Make them 18" large and both of the wheels will not look that good then the 19" version.

On an RCZ I would never go smaller the 19" wheels, it's a sport car so you want the look of the wheels the overall look of the car, no ?

You talk about the price, but what is the price difference between 19" and 18 tyres ?

I agree with others here the bigger the wheel the nicer the look.
So if somebody is looking for a as good as new 20" wheels set I have 20" wheels for sale.

Front : 9 x20 ET27
Rear : 9,5x20 ET27

Price : 750,- Euro (new price just over 2000,- Euro)

A

Anonymous

SilverGTi_6 said:
Why didn't you buy wheels that are the correct offset?
There was no such option for alloys I chose. Looking for another was too much hassle and probably would cost more.

DanRo said:
On an RCZ I would never go smaller the 19" wheels, it's a sport car so you want the look of the wheels the overall look of the car, no ?
FWD, 115 kW version, so I wouldn't call it a sport car ;)

Alloys I bought look good to me. If overall look won't - well, I must live with that (or buy another set if budget allows in the near future). How car looks is not my top priority. I like to sit in it and drive. 1" lower alloys won't hurt that.

DanRo said:
You talk about the price, but what is the price difference between 19" and 18 tyres ?
Comparing Hankook winter tyres, it is about 30% in my country (Poland).

In the end, I ordered Hankook Winter i*cept evo2 W320 235/45 R18, 15 mm hubcentric spacers and 50 mm bolts. Will share some photos after the change (but it starts snowing here, so the car might be a little dirty :p ).