What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Need to replace shocks

NF7

Reaction score
Hey experts,

I need to replace my shocks as they are nearing the end of life - every bumb they go over they squeal like a cat.

Do you have suggestions what to replace with the shocks and springs?

Not interested in an expensive upgrade. I was looking at Bilstein B4 and aftermarket springs to lower the car for 1,5cm but not sure what else to replace to have a nice cozy drive with the car. How much can the car be lowered (keep in mind I have wheel adapters of 1cm per wheel) to not destroy the wheel arches?

Last edited:

indoldn

Reaction score
Hey experts,

I need to replace my shocks as they are nearing the end of life - every bumb they go over they squeal like a cat.

Not interested in an expensive upgrade. I was looking at Bilstein B4 and aftermarket springs to lower the car for 1,5cm but not sure what else to replace to have a nice cozy drive with the car. How much can the car be lowered (keep in mind I have wheel adapters of 1cm per wheel) to not destroy the wheel arches?
It might be cheaper to get B12 pro kit, you get B8 & Eibach lowering springs than buying a set of B4s & set of springs separately.

Reactions: NF7

NF7

Reaction score
It might be cheaper to get B12 pro kit, you get B8 & Eibach lowering springs than buying a set of B4s & set of springs separately.
The cheapest I could find the B12 pro kit was 800€.

B4 + lowering shocks are around 530€.

indoldn

Reaction score
The cheapest I could find the B12 pro kit was 800€.

B4 + lowering shocks are around 530€.
Ah, sorry, my mistake. I now remembered I was costing out replacing existing ones in my THP200 with B6, if you do this then it's worth going with B12 pro kit. For B4 you are correct.

Pedro

Reaction score
Hey experts,

You sure its the shocks?

NF7

Reaction score
You sure its the shocks?
I would say yes - they are still the original ones, the car is over 130k kilometres.

The car is daily driven through speed bumps (my own street has 3 of them before I reach my home). There are multiple speed bumps on the road to work.

I was driving through a dirt road this weekend in the middle of nowhere as my GPS messed up, and the car was literally crying driving through the potholes so I see no other option to be completely honest.

Pedro

Reaction score
On a 130klm I see your point in changing them over & as yours is same as mine the 200 they get hammered because the suspension is so stiff