What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Need advise! Passenger’s seat motor is gone for good

Dima

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Have a straight forward problem but can’t resolve it at this point.
My passenger’s seat motor (which is adjusting the angle of the back) has broken down… or to put it simpler, I’ve already bought a car without it.
Initially, I was thinking that maybe something wrong with wiring, fuse or etc.
However, after inspection by the mechanic, turned out that it is absent there (for the reason Im not aware of).
Hence, I would like to buy a new one or maybe used but cannot find it anywhere. I’ve looked through the Internet and found some schemes of the seat but could not find the motor part number.
I would appreciate if someone could share it with me or advised where to look for it. Maybe, there are some options from other cars suitable for RCZ
Thanks in advance!

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there are you 100% sure that it's the motor as its has been known for switch on the side of the seat to go and when it's been removed from the seat some of the contact's have come away from the circuit board and can be fixed if you are any good with a soldering iron.. Or just replace the controller for the seat.....
Does the seat move back and does it tilt please let us know..
Hope this helps you out...

Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Dima

Reaction score
Well, electrician told me that motor is simply absent there.
However, adjusting seat back and forth is working good. Only if I try tilting it does not react anyhow.
As I understand, there are 2 different motors in the seat. It is unlickely that this switch is falty, or can't say at this point for sure unless I find working passanger's seat motor.
So Im qurious, where it can be found new\used...I can not find even the part number in the internet to proceed with further search. Which, eventually, led me looking for some help here.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Like I previously said if one works and the other doesn't then it will be down to the switch as a number of other RCZers have had the same problem and changed the switch and all working well..

Dima

Reaction score
Thanks,
I would like to confirm: is there 2 motors in the seat? One is adjusting the position and another tilt of the seat?

BexBart

Reaction score
A new motor will not be cheap! There is used one for sale on ebay in Italy, and I possibly may have one. I will have a look today and let you know if I do.

Attachments

• 20220801_064851.jpg
    20220801_064851.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 20220801_064905.jpg
    20220801_064905.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 12

Dima

Reaction score
A new motor will not be cheap! There is used one for sale on ebay in Italy, and I possibly may have one. I will have a look today and let you know if I do.

Thanks!
I assume u did not find it(

yes, saw this lot as well, also, contacted local dealer in Kyiv, the new one will cost around 400 eur or smth. Seem i’ve seen the whole used interior for similar price:)
Nevertheless, still keep looking for it, maybe will find smth for a decent price. Still it is not a 1st type necessity considering that tilt can be adjusted manually with pliers when needed…
Still, hope that something come up sometime.

BexBart

Reaction score
Yes, I have one, part is still attached to the frame.

Attachments

• 20220907_140343.jpg
    20220907_140343.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 15