What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Nearly bought Carbon Red 200

wilsofar

Reaction score
Really looked forward to viewing a 2015 50k Carbon Red 200 at £11650.Photos on AutoTrader indicated a superbly preserved Z and I was quite prepared to replace my 2010 156 100k,and splash out an extra £9k for the privilege!
Great disappointment - all the wheels had the dreaded tin worm on the diamond cut section- the engine rattled rather more than mine on tick over-the front valance needed a full makeover with partially disguised stone chips,and the windscreen had many stone chips.

The rest of the body was actually rather good but let down the other items.

The two hour round trip to view reminded me what a good Z I have already have without the stone chips and unsightly wheels -why change!

I’ll keep looking and maybe I will get lucky .

Oh and the leather seats are much less comfortable than my manual cloth seats!

I didn’t get as far as a test drive!

Kerr

Reaction score
I'd be surprised if 6 year old diamond cut wheels didn't have corrosion. I'm sure the dealer would have had them refurbished.

Pedro

Reaction score
Better the devil you know mine's a 200gt & your right the seats are hard but overall a nice car plenty of power & turn a corner at 50 without blinking the downside to finding a good one is if they have had a hard life & the one you went after sounds like its seen a few red lines on the rev counter! :confused:

wilsofar

Reaction score
I’ve asked for their reaction to refurbishing the alloys and respraying the front vallance,in the asking price.

It’s been for sale some time,so we’ll see -don’t ask won’t get!

Pedro

Reaction score
Presuming your going to buy the car on your next visit try & get to see it before they have it running if possible like turning up a lot earlier than expected & if it is ticking over with the fan on they have thrashed it from cold to get the Engine warmed up which is a typical trick which they use with THP variant to try to stop it rattling its head off
I hope you get a result sounds like it needs a Chain set & or Tensioner if there is a any service history check it out also a Peugeot service manager can tell you a lot about the car if it was dealer serviced like recalls on a coolant sensor replacement etc

wilsofar

Reaction score
Refused to properly refurb the wheels -powdercoat in black (no diamond cut!) and would not do the front bumper at all!

Maybe a let off for me,but if I was selling the car privately I woukdn’t let it go in that condition and they pride themselves in selling top quality perfect cars.

Dealers never really change!

Pedro

Reaction score
They just want it off their hands because its in the same condition as when they bought it for a probable PX deal

HossUK

Reaction score
I put an offer in for that one sight unseen, dealer declined, looks like I dodged a bullet there. Bought 2013 Nera Black GT 200 a week ago... Also sight unseen... Very happy with her so far.

wilsofar

Reaction score
Finally bought a Cat N 200 GT 2014 with 40k for £6500

Body needs lots of scratches /small dents sorting and the Diamond Cut alloys quite a refurb.

If anyone knows a decent smart body repairer in the south Brm area please shout out!

However I really don’t understand why an extra 44bhp makes such a difference to the acceleration over the 156!.

Perhaps my old 156 was underpowered but the difference is staggering!

Another problem ,I’ve just discovered ,is that the passenger seat forward/back switch doesn’t operate properly.

Is this a known problem -to be honest I don’t think it’s ever been sat in/operated.

Anyway this is my project to keep me busy in my retirement.

ps My wife has already told me off for out dragging a BMW 6 coupe (not an M methinks!)

Last edited: