What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

My Pics For The Italian Alps ( Dolomites ) Trip 2018

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Thought I'd do a separate thread for this and I have created it before I go because it's a lot easier on the PC.

I do tend to take more cameras than I need or can carry at one go, so hence I have a lot of pictures and videos.

I shall endeavour to upload some pics and a quick daily info, but the vids will have to wait since I'm still not au fait with posting them.

It would be nice to be able to do this as I have just bought a new Mavic 2 Zoom drone and hope to get some awesome shots of the scenery and maybe do a follow me with the car, anyways I'll try to do as I have said so watch out !

Cheers M. :beer:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Well have to get together sometime & have a drone off :lol:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Okay Dokey,
this is a new way for me, I'm doing it through tapatalk so might not be laid out how I like...

Not much to update but no problems with the trip to Hull for the ferry.

Nice colour shift in the mirror.

This is the ferry obvs LOL. pictures going in and parked up inside.

Nice room right at the front and smack bang in the middle, double bed and two bunks plus fully stocked bar ! can't go wrong !

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Up early, breakfast in kitchen then hit the road for a long drive...

Wife thought this funny... no idea why !

funny we've seen Worms and lots of aufsfarts, got another giggle!

Well cheesed a few Audi's and BMW's today on the first leg of our journey from Rotterdam to Udens in Austria, because they wasn't expecting this Peugeot to out gun them on the AutoBahn. Filled her up with 100 octane and hit the full stop at 155mph fully loaded and it felt as if there was loads more to give.
Now I know it's not big and smart to go this fast, but it was bloody fun and you just have to do this at least once in the RCZ. Blew any cobwebs away and give the engine a full workout.

Stopped up near Stuttgart @ a place called DOBLERGREEN in Gerlingen a Best Western Hotel, so got the bulk done and now just a steady drive tomorrow.

One problem though, ShatNav lost itself several times and locked up, once right at a turn off. This was bloody annoying, once wasn't it's fault as it was a new road, but it did it several times after this on established roads. For anyone experiencing this press and hold the eject button for about 20 - 30 seconds until the screen goes blank, that resets the unit. Anyway sorted itself and behaved mostly.

Yes DKZ I'm up for that.

Last picture car sat in a dodgy looking truckstop with a dodgy looking person hanging around ! Just kidding, only the misses on guard !

Cheers 4 now M..

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Looking good Bro the car no you lol safe trip safe driving.
Or yes don't forget they drive on the other side of the road.... Lol
Keep the photos coming for all of us on the forum....

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I’ll second that keep em coming, don’t know how you get away with doing 155! Nothing to do with the police I mean with the wife sat at the side of you :lol: I get told off for going over 60 :cry:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
neilgsxr69 said:
I’ll second that keep em coming, don’t know how you get away with doing 155! Nothing to do with the police I mean with the wife sat at the side of you :lol: I get told off for going over 60 :cry:

+1 I wouldn’t have a chance. :mrgreen:

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
neilgsxr69 said:

+1 I wouldn’t have a chance. :mrgreen:

Not been in trouble for out and out speed from passengers.
But when I have been fortunate to have under me something that handles, I have had some unusual reactions:

Anecdote time....
Mid sixties, being shift supervisor of computer centre providing the FT with stop press pricing from our computers, I used to deliver printout to loading bay at the paper.
Took one lad one night (early hours) in the Lotus Seven, and he was very quiet.
On return he disappeared to the loo and threw up.
Not a sports car fan, obviously.
About the millennium, wife had a Suzuki Cappuccino which handled like on rails.
Son wanted a run, so took him round the block.
Returned with white knuckles and called me a "crazy bastard" for keeping a drift on when doubling back using a roundabout.
Here in the village, a very tough young lady, daughter of family running our favourite bar, asked if she could have a run in the Zero, as it was parked nearby.
Did a few kilometres round trip and as she got out, she knelt and kissed the pavement.
There have been more, but they spring to mind. :lol:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Well another day and another euro !

See my car hiding in the corner, this is where it slept last night.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Ok today we still had a few hunndred kilometers to do, but this soon went as we were "following / racing" a Porsche 911 turbo. Now I know it could have easily lost us but he was reluctant to do much more than 150, so 60 or so km went very quick, but this was handled nicely in the Z. But it is thirsty work all this high speed stuff so another stop for some high octane fuel, in this case 102 octane !
I don't know what that equates to but it's not alot.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Okay so you want some pics of the alps....

This was our first sight.

So you want more, how's about this lot.....

A lake you say?

A bigger lake?

Got to the hotel and it's amazing, first of all some of the cars in the underground carpark.

The hotel

The room, I kid you not it has it's own sauna in the room, a pod on the veranda and my name on the TV, check this lot out....

A lovely view

Oh yeah and a roof top heated swimming pool.

Hope you like those, until next time......

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Some great photos there :clap: that hotel looks amazing :beer:

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
What can I say but WOW the view's look amazing and so does the hotel
Safe motoring enjoy your journey and we will enjoy seeing your next adventure photo's....

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Next lot of pics....

OK today we visited a couple of places the first was meant to be a ride to the top of a mountain in a cable car, but due to the weather it was hidden in cloud, so we cancelled that. But we did go to Grossglockner pass at 2450m where we had snow showers and light rain.
Anyway here is a mixture of the pics from today..... enjoy.

And yes that's me and our lass.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Now I’m jealous :cry: what scenery,looks amazing what a trip. Keep em coming :thumbup:

RCZ-R

Reaction score
RCZ R & Alps is always a perfect match. Lovely pics, keep em coming :greetings-wavingblue:

2retro

Reaction score
stewartwillsher said:
Classy touch there Mr & Mrs Plec; tonsorial tints in sync with the motor; madam matching the wrap and sir's bleach job paying homage to the R's original white! :clap:
:beer:
:lol:

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
Cant be more jealous

I think i have to organise a trip like this one

So tell us more whats the name of the Hotel where is it exactly Which places have you visited anything you can