What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

My Daughters Seat Ibiza:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
So, on her way back from York yesterday with a friend, just as the M1 merges before the M62 exit, traffic slowed suddenly as there was an accident @ 1 mile in front. She had to stop in the fast lane, just past another accident in the hard shoulder that two police cars were attending. As she was stationary the guy behind in an Audi A1 was busy rubbernecking at the accident and ploughed straight into the back of her car. She spent the night at Pinderfields Hospital & is home now, covered in bruises, concussion & severe whiplash & of course minus her beloved car.
Her car was spun round & pushed into a brand new Golf in front of her & I think that then hit the car in front of it.
She was very lucky & it’s a testament to crumple zones !
FB1D4995-DBCA-4719-826B-67623B97AF8B.jpeg85462449-F2F7-4B8D-AB96-ED328A30E6B8.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

2retro

Reaction score
That's terrible but glad she's OK. Could have been a lot worse.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
It was a very worrying phone call Stewart. Then we heard on the news that the M1 was closed due to an accident & of course you fear the worst.

fortunately, her insurance company have (so far) been excellent. She didn’t have uninsured losses cover, or courtesy car, but her insurance company have told her that as it’s a definite no fault claim, they are waving the excess (£350) and giving her a courtesy car (all being claimed back from the other party’s insurance) and she can keep the courtesy car until a week after they pay her out for her car so she has a chance of finding a replacement.

Ive just come off the phone to her & she is very very sore today. She is seeing the doctor again at 5 pm. But again, I think she has been very lucky to be able to walk (limp actually) away from this one.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank goodness she walked away how was her passenger?
Hope she makes a fast recovery and don't let it spoil your Christmas
Best wishes from all of us..
Les n Karen n Co

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Thanks for that. No we are still planning the same Christmas as before. We are all flying to Thailand to meet up with her brother on the 28th so just hoping she’s recovered a bit by then.

Her passenger had whiplash and bruises, but no concussion, so she is slightly better, but still badly shaken up.

I was talking to her in the hospital & she told me the ironic thing was, my daughter was kind-of giving her a motorway driving lesson. She had been telling her all about looking over your shoulder before changing lanes & looking ahead of the car(s) in front of you to read the traffic in advance as she is still learning to drive & had asked my daughter for some tips on motorway driving for when she passes. She has always thought of her as a very good driver.

I told them both that nobody could have done anything different in the circumstances, if you are stationary in a line of traffic, you can’t avoid someone hitting you from behind. I just hope it doesn’t knock the confidence of either of them.

I am going through to pick up her courtesy car tomorrow, but it will be some time before she’s well enough to drive again.

chrismac

Reaction score
Glad nobody was seriously hurt.
I wonder if a dashcam in the offending car could be confiscated by the Police - and used if it were proved to be dangerous driving.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Thank you, we were so pleased she wasn’t permanently injured or worse.

That may be the case regarding dash cams. I don't know if there was one in the Audi. Annoyingly, I had bought her a dash cam, but she hadn’t fitted it. Fortunately both the driver of the car in front of hers (the new golf) and the police officers attending the other collision on the hard shoulder confirmed that her car was stationary at the time it was struck from behind.

I hope nobody gets hold of the footage from either of my dash cams from that evening, I was making full use of all 200 horses at my disposal getting to the hospital. I didn’t realise you could get less than 16 mpg in an RCZ. I do fear for the longevity of my nice 19 inch Michelin’s though. (We arrived at the hospital @ 4 minutes after she did & she got there under blue’s & two’s & we had further to travel.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Collected a 17 plate Fiesta hire car for her today, although she has been advised not to drive for at least a week due to the torn muscles in her neck. It’s a nice free little car until she gets payment from the insurance company, but Idid find it pretty much horrible to drive.