What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

My Australian RCZ

SmoothRedline99

Reaction score
There have been numerous reports of genuine leather option dashboards doing this, the synthetic ones aren’t affected in the same way. Most problems come from cars in hotter climates though.
Regarding general reliability all cars have generic problems associated with a particular model look on any car forum and you’ll see that.
I have a launch edition model do one of the fist RCZ’s made so over 10 years old now and other than the so common timing chain replacement it’s never missed a beat and it’s a 156 too so supposedly the one with all the issues 🙄 as previously stated I’ve seen it so many times that money’s been thrown at a Z and you can see that the mechanics are just following protocol but haven’t the experience on these engines to know what the likely problem is and bypass all the coil pack swaps etc.
Sorry you’ve had such a bad experience many owners have the polar opposite.
I hope to claim insurance on my dashboard as it is a fault with the vehicle influenced by factors outside of my control.
Hopefully it is ok but if I isn’t I just hope that someone rear ends it when I park it someday so I get out of it’s ownership.

Ian J.

Reaction score
Real shame you think that way not that anyone would blame you after the issues you've had.
Most people who buy these cars love them and I'm one of them. A few years back I went though a phase of buying new cars and in a year I was losing more in depreciation than my current RCZ cost me.
The RCZs are now holding their value really well in the UK so if you have to spend a few quid in maintaining them its still cheaper in the long run than buying a new Merc CLS and watch it losing £15k in 18 months .

CCPhilos

Reaction score
Very sorry to read your problems. Hope you get better results after ACCC. Should be good mechanics in Adelaide and leather trimmers? I have had Peugeot’s for many years. Some reliability issues but overall brilliant cars. My Audi was less reliable.