What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Muffler delete

A

Anonymous

A really cheap and easy way to get more exhaust sound is to do a muffler delete and I was wondering if anyone in here have done it?

I was going to do it last week but ended up just replacing the front silencer/resonator with a straight pipe witch really just gave it a bit deeper tone, barely noticeable..

We started it while the exhaust was off and it actually sounded really good :thumbup:

I want more sound, but I want a remap more. Is it stupid to remove the muffler due to the backpresure changing and that the remap might not work (not a individual map for the car, you know the standard one made for the car as it comes from the factory) as good as it should?

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback re the centre resonator delete. I've been trying to find this information out! So it was just a bit deeper through the ref range? Much different at idle?

Best of luck with the muffler delete. Be really interested to hear how it goes. From my research (including 208 GTIs and Mini Cooper S) they seem to sound ok on video with the muffler delete, but a bit louder than I'm after.

Others may be able to help with more useful comments / direct experience.

A

Anonymous

SilverGTi_6 said:
Thanks for your feedback re the centre resonator delete. I've been trying to find this information out! So it was just a bit deeper through the ref range? Much different at idle?

Best of luck with the muffler delete. Be really interested to hear how it goes. From my research (including 208 GTIs and Mini Cooper S) they seem to sound ok on video with the muffler delete, but a bit louder than I'm after.

Others may be able to help with more useful comments / direct experience.

I will try to make a video on how it sounds, mount a go pro outside while driving and maybe it sounds more than i think, it's hard to tell with the sport option inside noise ;)

I thought that it sounded just right with the whole exhaust removed witch should give an indicator on how much it will sound with a muffler delete.

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing mate. Does it have much drone in the cabin? Doesn't seem to sound overly loud which is good.

DRTDVL

Reaction score
Bwahahaha I was playing that in my car with my sub... The whole car started to vibrate with the camera above the exhaust... Haha

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

SilverGTi_6 said:
Thanks for sharing mate. Does it have much drone in the cabin? Doesn't seem to sound overly loud which is good.

I only noticed a small droning at around 3 000-3 300 rpm, but really small, did not notice it until yesterday :)

A

Anonymous

DRTDVL said:
Bwahahaha I was playing that in my car with my sub... The whole car started to vibrate with the camera above the exhaust... Haha

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

:cool:

RCZwonderboy

Reaction score
Does this affect the performance in a negative way at all? And does it still pass an MOT like this?

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi yes you’ll still pass an mot I have a car back custom exhaust with centre resonator delete and custom back box with quad carbon fibre tips, it sounds really nice not too loud but a nice deep burble on tickover and no problems with the mot I’ve also got a remap which boosts the overall package.👍

RCZwonderboy

Reaction score
Hi yes you’ll still pass an mot I have a car back custom exhaust with centre resonator delete and custom back box with quad carbon fibre tips, it sounds really nice not too loud but a nice deep burble on tickover and no problems with the mot I’ve also got a remap which boosts the overall package.👍
Sounds really nice, where did you buy the centre resonator delete pipe? Can’t seem to find any online.