What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

MOT expiry extended

Pedro

Reaction score
I read up on the MOT extension & after April 3rd the Gov are having a Amnesty up to October 30th which is when mine runs out anyway so they could have made until December 30th for old gits like me !
Also all vehicles must be in a roadworthy condition I assume that will only apply to those needing to get to work so say a nurse or a Doc gets pulled for maybe a defective headlight or whatever will they get fined or ordered off the road until they get sorted its all a bit sketchy to say the least ?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Bugger! Mines already paid for under my service contract 🙁

on that note, I got an email from Evans Halshaw today telling me that my service is now due. I should book it in as soon as possible as their service slots are filling quickly.

odd that, their garages are all closed 🤔

Kerr

Reaction score
Given how many cars turn up in unroadworthy condition the 6 month extension isn't going to be great.

A lot of garages are still open, bit I've a feeling a lot of people will just use the extension to avoid bills.

Woodso

Reaction score
A lot of garages are shutting due to the fact that MOT's have been automatically extended, so that aspect of their business is gone for the foreseeable future. That on top of the fact that spares are drying up means there is no point in stopping open.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Well I missed out as two of my RCZs were due for mot one on the 1st of May and the other on the 2nd of May and the wife's other peugeot 206cc was due on the 1st of May so I played my card's and got the wife's 206cc done and one of the RCZs both done 7 weeks early just in case and I should not of bothered to but hay ho they might of stopped doing mot's and said this will keep you drivers in lock down... At least I do get extra six months on the Grey Lady...
All stay safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Pedro

Reaction score
How's about if you have to sorn the car you can claim your road tax back ! 😆

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Bugger! Mines already paid for under my service contract 🙁

on that note, I got an email from Evans Halshaw today telling me that my service is now due. I should book it in as soon as possible as their service slots are filling quickly.

odd that, their garages are all closed 🤔

they’ll probably do the same quality job shut as they normally do 😄.
Just leave it on their empty forecourt return two hours later and hey presto full service complete Mr we already stamped your book for the next 5 years 🤣

Kerr

Reaction score
I had my MOT done the other day. No advisories! Yay.

One thing to watch out for is you now lose your MOT anniversary. Under current rules the MOT starts from the day of the test. You currently don't keep your date and get up to 13 months if you get it done earlier.

Worth noting if you've got advanced plans.

Mrrcz

Reaction score
as I write this the extension for m o t is under review and could be axed in days:(( mines due end of this month

Flanners

Reaction score
saved me the cost of 5 MoTs for the cars I only drive over Summer so well chuffed with that. Guess the MoT industry is lobbying hard to get their industry back pushing the safety angle to the max.

Mrrcz

Reaction score
definitely a good idea as more chance of hitting a monster pot hole like I did last winter. lucky I don't think there was any damage but my bum still sore😂