What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Misfiring

Stevis2018

Reaction score
Hi all,

Has anybody had the same issue as me?...

Rcz 1.6thp. ..
Started misfiring. Plugged in computer, came up as misfire on 3. So I changed the coils. Reset computer, all fine
Then about a week later, same thing returned.
Took it to auto electrician who checked voltages, (all ok), and did a full factory ECU reset. All fine, but then yesterday on first start up, same fault. Management light came on with engine fault, repair needed...and misfiring again. Struggles to pull off, sometimes even stalls.
Seems to be a lot better when warmed up, but management light still on.
Auto electrician also checked coils, and all fine.
Computer still throws up same faults though regarding misfires on 2 and 4 coils.

Next idea is to change fuel filter and plugs, maybe injector too.

Any ideas from you guys please?

Thanks all

Steve

Flanners

Reaction score
I've just posted in Drivetrain with similar experience and looking on here I think the HP fuel pump could be on it's way out? Post's like this one show the symptoms:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12297

Plecodoras

Reaction score
If you have error code for coil pack on cylinder 4, then this is a sure sign that the High Pressure Fuel Pump has packed in, which sounds about right since engine stalling and mis-firing. Hope you have insurance - they are an expensive repair.
Let us know the outcome it may help someone else who has similar issues.

Good Luck. :thumbup:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like possible fuel pump, around £380 plus an hours labour to fit.

Stevis2018

Reaction score
So, took it to auto electrician who removed all adaptations and rest the ECU. Also checked the voltages. All ok. Only error now is injector 4.
So, I am going to change this first. Can anybody give me any tips on how to go about this please? I know they are reverse, so injector 4 is in the first position, as you look at the engine, but do you have to take manifold off to do the exchange?

Thanks all

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I don’t know how to replace the injectors but I think you’ll find it will be the HPFP :eusa-think:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Yes I agree with Neil,
I'm not a mechanic but from all the posts on here, it sure seems to be pointing at the hpfp. I know it's an expensive repair and your hope it's not it, but look at it this way, if it is you've just spent a lot of time and effort to do the valves, and it's still the hpfp.
Let us know how your get on so it will help others in the same boat.
Cheers Mick [THUMBS UP SIGN]

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Flanners

Reaction score
Flanners said:
I've just posted in Drivetrain with similar experience and looking on here I think the HP fuel pump could be on it's way out? Post's like this one show the symptoms:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12297

Not sure why you chose an auto electrician (a £10 eBay OBD reader can read and reset the fuel related codes etc) for a mechanical issue.....as per my initial post.

Stevis2018

Reaction score
Ok, cheers all

I will run with the pump then.

I have a reader which resets and reads, but doesn't give the greatest info on the codes

Steve

Stevis2018

Reaction score
Here are the error codes...do you think it is the pump?
Thanks everyone!

Steve