What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Misfire

Gary

Reaction score
Hi,
I am hoping someone can help me with a problem I have with my RCZ

It holds back and misfires when accelerating, but if I stop turn off the engine then restart it clears itself and is then fine for the rest of the journey .
many thanks

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Could be a coilpack, assuming it's petrol. You don't mention.
I do recommend having it scanned for any codes. With the correct gear, not with a £1.50 eBay special.
Actually, I had one of my Peugeots scanned with over a grands worth of Snap on gear, that didn't have a clue either....

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Could be quite a few things but the most common have already been mentioned weak batteries have been known to throw up spurious faults.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Could be quite a few things but the most common have already been mentioned weak batteries have been known to throw up spurious faults.

Battery is a good call. My 406 totally spat its dummy out when the battery was on its way out.
The normally good climate control stopped doing the climate bit and the "check brake fluid" light was having a fit.
My first 407 decided it would forget where the top of its window travel was and bounce down. I assumed it was something to do with the mechanism, wrong.
My 508 decided it needed a new battery when one day its odometer went from miles to kilometers.

Gary

Reaction score
Could be a coilpack, assuming it's petrol. You don't mention.
I do recommend having it scanned for any codes. With the correct gear, not with a £1.50 eBay special.
Actually, I had one of my Peugeots scanned with over a grands worth of Snap on gear, that didn't have a clue either....
Thanks for your suggestion, yes it is petrol,I had it scanned with a snap on machine, maybe I need to take it to a main dealer.

Marmite

Reaction score
My money is on a coil pack mine knocked 2 out an put the engine management light on but was fine after a visit to the garage other than them nocking The vaccine pipe of and it stinking of oil fumes one cable tie later and all has been good

Pedro

Reaction score
Battery is a good call. My 406 totally spat its dummy out when the battery was on its way out.
The normally good climate control stopped doing the climate bit and the "check brake fluid" light was having a fit.
My first 407 decided it would forget where the top of its window travel was and bounce down. I assumed it was something to do with the mechanism, wrong.
My 508 decided it needed a new battery when one day its odometer went from miles to kilometers.
[/QUOTE
Hi,

It holds back and misfires when accelerating, but if I stop turn off the engine then restart it clears itself and is then fine for the rest of the journey .
many thanks
Hi,

many thanks
Mine used to do that when the HPFP started to die a sloow death the other ususal suspects are the plugs & coil packs but as Quoted from the Good book of Peugeot you should change ALL 4 together which with plugs is Logic but coil packs are are somewhat iffy if one is going the other 3 work harder hence they all need changing after a while

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestion, yes it is petrol,I had it scanned with a snap on machine, maybe I need to take it to a main dealer.

You don't need to use a main dealer, there are various friendly people dotted around the internet with the equipment.
I have it for a start. Though given I've had a Toyota for nearly two years I wouldn't have a clue if my laptop even works anymore 😆

Pedro

Reaction score
Hi,

many thanks
I had those symptoms for the HPFP so I hope its just a spark issue for your symptoms the old trick is swap plugs & coil packs over to see if there is any difference in the power output but if your going to change them then I'm afraid it will be on Peugeot's recommendations the 4 or the 8 will go together because these Engines don't like to hang around & if they don't get the power demanded from the ECU they will let you know straight away you have a performance related issues |Good luck