What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

media screen issue

CraigB

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a GT RCZ ( 2013 ) and the media screen rises as normal, lion appears and then the screen goes blank. The parking sensors do not work and also odometer is now in Kilometers rather than miles also have no radio or cd function, anyone got any ideas or had the same problem? Many thanks

CraigB

Pedro

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a GT RCZ ( 2013 ) and the media screen rises as normal, lion appears and then the screen goes blank. The parking sensors do not work and also odometer is now in Kilometers rather than miles also have no radio or cd function, anyone got any ideas or had the same problem? Many thanks

CraigB
Check the power of battery ?

CraigB

Reaction score
Hello, it’s had a new battery fitted and they tried a software update but nothing, garage seems to have no idea?!

Pedro

Reaction score
Did they reset the BSI ? There is what is termed as a "Load Management system " together with" Economy mode" built into the Zs which is a power saver when its enabled due to low battery power some of the Ancillary functions don't operate to save the power until full power is restored if you had a new battery then try a reset if that fails then it could be a circuit fault
If you have a code reader check the ECU any fault codes

DKZ5745

Reaction score
It is in one of the links I posted, but here’s the BSI reset procedure if you want to give that a go...

If you want to try a BSI reset :-

Put the driver’s window down, lift the bonnet and ensure all
equipment is switched off.
Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from the
ignition.
Wait for 3 minutes, disconnect the vehicle battery and wait
15 seconds.
Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further 10 seconds (do
not open doors.)
Switch on the side lights through the driver's window.
Switch on the ignition and check system’s functionality.
Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.
remove key open & close door test central locking system
Start the engine and complete the system’s check.
Failure to follow this procedure could result in incorrect operation of many
BSI related items.

Don’t know if it will help but I suppose it’s worth a try if everything else has failed.

Goatz

Reaction score
Perhap a hard drive issue. You could resolve it by replacing with a compact flash and doing a firmware update. Would cost £25 and Is 10 mins work. It’s not a bad idea anyway as it would speed up boot time, and these navidrive units are riddled with Hd issues.

Bunkboy

Reaction score
Hi all,

CraigB
I have exactly the same problem as this. Is it a new display or is there a fix. have tried battery reset ,but still no joy