What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Mechnical dramas

Derek

Reaction score
Bought my RCZ 12 months ago with 51,000 klms on the clock but have had a number of issues. Timing Chain ($1800), Air Conditioning compressor replacement ($2000) replaced all the belts and usual maintenance wipers, oil filters spark plugs etc. Drives beautifully, had other Peugeots in the past 306, 406, 407 Diesel, Citroen Xzsara etc has anyone else encountered major dramas like these?

Pedro

Reaction score
They are all generic faults the problems with RCZs is some owners (no disrespect to yourself) have no idea how to look after them mechanically if they are regularly serviced they cause minimal amount of issues one thing to look out for is Oil services disregard the service data & change the Oil/Filter on a regular basis 3.500-4000 klms if the cars in the upper mileage range well before the service schedules it saves a lot of trouble in the long run

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Hi Derek, welcome 👋

The problems you have encountered are obviously bad new for you, but the sort of thing that can (and do) go wrong with any car/make/model.
I have had my RCZ for over 7 years now. It has been serviced by a main dealer every year, I check all levels every couple of days, and it’s been one of the most reliable cars I’ve every had.

I did have a new clutch assembly replaced under extended warranty, but tbh it was only a minor fault - a groaning noise when setting off in 1st, but as I had the warranty I thought I might as well get it sorted.

Reading forums like this can paint a very bad picture about reliability, as most people only come to forums when they have an issue. The vast majority of owners don’t ever come here because they don’t have problems.

I have just bought a brand new Range Rover, it has already been in for a new Balance Shaft as the bearings were seizing, and that on a £50k + car. It’s going in this week for more warranty work, so it shows no matter how new or how much you spend, anything mechanical has the potential to go wrong.

Before the RCZ I had a Renault Megan’s CC which had constant problems with the aircon and had a new compressor.

The main thing with the RCZ as @Pedro has mentioned is regular maintenance. This is a performance car, and has to be treated as such. But it can still be used as a daily drive, which is amazing given the performance you can get out of it.

Good luck with your car from now on & just enjoy those beautiful lines every time you see it.

Btw we love pictures on here, so let’s see yours 👀

Nemi

Reaction score
$1800 for timing chain? Sounds a lot... I paid like 500eur

Derek

Reaction score
Bought my RCZ 12 months ago with 51,000 klms on the clock but have had a number of issues. Timing Chain ($1800), Air Conditioning compressor replacement ($2000) replaced all the belts and usual maintenance wipers, oil filters spark plugs etc. Drives beautifully, had other Peugeots in the past 306, 406, 407 Diesel, Citroen Xzsara etc has anyone else encountered major dramas like these?
Thanks for the advice much appreciated. Yes i love the lines of the car, i would say one of the sexiest cars on the road. Handles really well and has plenty of poke. I have an excellent European mechanic locally and he does all the work for the local Peugeot Car Club here in Perth. So very lucky. Parts tend to be expensive here in Australia compared with what i have viewed on the internet.