What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

marks on leather door trim

A

Anonymous

Hi

I've got the sport model and I think the dash must be covered in the 'simple' leather that folk talk about. The leather on the inside of the door panel keeps getting marks on it - sort of white-ish greasy marks. It's just below the window and I think it's where I get drips of rain that fall off the bodywork of the car when I open the door to get in. I'm wondering if it's because the car is highly waxed and the raindrops are 'contaminated' with some of the wax?

Dunno? Is anyone else getting this and what's the best way to clean these marks?

Cheers
Scarlet (working late - poop!) :(

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hi Scarlet, they should easily remove with soap and water and then wipe down with a clean microfibre cloth.

A

Anonymous

Thx RCZ1 - I'll give it a go - I was just scared to try anything in case I made it worse. Big Flash wash and polish session this weekend :thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Scarlet said:
Thx RCZ1 - I'll give it a go - I was just scared to try anything in case I made it worse. Big Flash wash and polish session this weekend :thumbup:

Good on you girl :thumbup:

Got a full detail planned for Pearl this weekend too. Just hoping for good weather :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Me too also hoping the sun is shining!

Will be on the lookout at Top Gear Live for products etc - can't believe I actually enjoy cleaning my car now! :dance:

A

Anonymous

Hi Scarlet, I have noticed same type of marks but mine are where the door opens, and I've found they wipe off very easily. I had put it down to the seat belt, if you just let it go the metal clip seems to catch on the door trim. Since I realised this try to be more careful about letting belt just go but sometimes forget. I am not getting as many marks but still get the odd one.

Not sure if marks are caused by same thing but as I say mine wipe off easily.

Happy Motoring

Grant

lionhart

Reaction score
hi scarlet
:wave: try turtle wax leather cleaner and conditioner wipes they are very good. :thumbup:

FGRob

Reaction score
Hi Scarlet.

I get these white marks all the time, they are made from your hands mainly as you brush, push and open / close the doors, I just wipe them off with a damp cloth and they go away - do not use any leather cleaners on them as they are not leather.

I've got to try and clean mine today, off to London for a quick break and a visit to the new Titanic exhibition at the O2. :thumbup:

Rob

A

Anonymous

Hi Rob
You are up early - I'm just sitting in bed eating my crunchy nut cornflakes - late night at work so operating flexi-time this morning! Yeah I wondered about leather cleaner and the fact that the trim is not leather - looks like it and there was a lot of confusion at the dealers when it arrived. I get finger marks but this is a really greasy horrible white fungus-y mark after the rain has fallen on it - euuuuuuch! I'll try damp cloth first and then RCZ1's soap and water.

Enjoy the Titanic exhibition! Sounds fab - think we will visit it too (not that far away from London!).

Cheers
Scarlet :)

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hi Scarlet

I've got Pearl back today and there were some marks on the "pretend" leather on the doors, which were there when I first took delivery of the car, 4 weeks ago.

As I was cleaning and protecting my nice new leather seats today with my leather cleaner and protection cream, I thought I would try it on the "pretend" leather on the door. Tried a little inconspicuous corner first of all and applied the cleaner and then wiped with a clean microfibre cloth. No staining or anything so I tried it on the marks on the door - Voila, all marks removed. I then did the full dash with it too and applied the leather protector. So its all protected from any spills or marks. As leather cleaner is water based, it won't do any harm - but I just wanted to try it out first before mentioning it to other people.

A

Anonymous

Yay - that's great news about Pearl!

Thanks for the advice about the cream on the pretend leather - that's good to know :)

A

Anonymous

I've mainly been using spit, perhaps I should get some cleaning products! :lol:

A

Anonymous

Not a bad idea though - lots of nice enzymes in spit to dissolve stuff. Wonder if I could train my cats to spit on demand!!! :)

A

Anonymous

Scarlet said:
Not a bad idea though - lots of nice enzymes in spit to dissolve stuff. Wonder if I could train my cats to spit on demand!!! :)
:lol: All I would have to do to get my boy (cat!!!) to do that is to introduce a stranger to him. He has a hissy fit on queue...not overly friendly, you might have guessed. Think I'll stick with the stuff RCZ1 recommended, though. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Was brave today and tackled the big white greasy mark. Tried water and a soft cloth - IT WORKED - YIPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I took photos of before and after - will post piccy of the 'offensive' mark before and after. Too late to start farting about with camera just now. Troy in spare bed with toothache, hence I'm indulging my guilty addiction of RCZ forum in bed with two purry, furry critters (eh.... cats - just in case u were wondering).

Flash - all detailed and looking like the cool dude he is - unfortunately the sun went down so no lovely pics of him and a scenic view - doh!

Night night!!!! :sleeping-yellow:

FGRob

Reaction score
Scarlet said:
Was brave today and tackled the big white greasy mark. Tried water and a soft cloth - IT WORKED - YIPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I took photos of before and after - will post piccy of the 'offensive' mark before and after. Too late to start farting about with camera just now. Troy in spare bed with toothache, hence I'm indulging my guilty addiction of RCZ forum in bed with two purry, furry critters (eh.... cats - just in case u were wondering).

Flash - all detailed and looking like the cool dude he is - unfortunately the sun went down so no lovely pics of him and a scenic view - doh!

Night night!!!! :sleeping-yellow:
Morning - I thought you were having a new form of curry in bed then. :crazy: :lol: :lol:

Glad it's come clean, the simplest solution is often the best, I always wipe the door tops with one of my damp micro cloths when I'm drying the car off after cleaning, it helps remove the water marks which always happen when you open the window after a damp / rainy start. :thumbup:

Rob. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

:lol:

:greetings-wavingblue: Morning! No curry just the occasional bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes!

Haven't eaten anything inside Flash either - my last car sometimes resembled a skip with sandwich wrappers and water bottles. Flash has my ipod, a discrete pkt of tissues in the chilled glove compartment and a polishing cloth down the side of the door - people can't believe it when they get in him!!!! BTW he was all hoovered out yesterday - those pesky leaves get everywhere!!!!!

A

Anonymous

This is a picture of the mark on the door that has now gone! :thumbup: