What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

management light

john newton

Reaction score
hi ,

my engine management light has come on computer says timing chain but is not showing any signs and drives perfect ,can any one help please ??

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Any major rattle from stone cold?

john newton

Reaction score
Hi ,no rattle att all ,it’s running ok ,although a message came up today to top up the coolant level ,can you help .

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
If it's full, then it's probably the level sensor.
It failed on mine, cheap and easy to do.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes make sure your level doesn’t drop too low it is common for the sensor to fail but there are numerous areas that can leak coolant.

Pedro

Reaction score
Only buy the correct Peugeot?Bosch parts as the cheap bargain basement ones on certain sites are doomed to fail as I soon discovered when my mine went south

Pedro

Reaction score
Timing chain messages usually send the car into limp mode as soon as you fire the car up this is the fail safe system letting you know that the chain has reached its maximum stretch of 68 mm & needs changing but the timing chain pensioner can also cause this message I changed the tensioner on mine because I knew from the noise it was sticking which is a common fault on this set up

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
68mm seems he’ll of a lot of stretch for a chain??

Pedro

Reaction score
Peugeot workshop data manual stresses if chain is out of tolerance by 68 mm ! then it MUST be changed & no I'm not making this up because I have the manual downloaded on file 👀😉