What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Ma4

Frogfoot

Reaction score
I have tried transferring music from iTunes to a usb stick for playing in the car, however the Z doesn't seem to read Ma4 files.

Is there a firmware update that will enable this or do I need to find a program that will work with MP3's? :eusa-think:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I have the same files on my usb stick from iTunes, and I’m pretty sure they play on mine :eusa-think: I have the latest firmware installed I think it’s 2.86 from memory.

2retro

Reaction score
You won't get M4A files to play unfortunately. Another great decision from Apple... :roll:

BUT at least you can convert them to MP3 format quite easily in iTunes and then they will play just fine (which they would because MP3 is the universally accepted compressed music file format, not M4A!).

Here's how to do it: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204310 :thumbup:

Attachments

• applesucks.jpg
    applesucks.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 1,805

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Apple have never seemed interested in compatibility with other software/hardware. They have always been in their own little bubble lol.