What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

low dashboard light on auto

Greek-R

Reaction score
Hello there, i have a question about the R, and something i have noticed in contrast to my old MK1.

i always had/have the lighting on auto, but on my R, though the external lights work as they should, the dashboard lights only turn on when its dark outside, ie, if im driving in daylight i can hardly read the speedo/tach because its very dark. if i switch to manual, or it gets really dark, the dash lights up, so its not a burned fuse etc.
i have played around with the brightness setting button which doesnt seem to be doing much
i clearly remember not having this issue in the 5 years i had my Mk1, does anyone know if this is some sort of "feature" to be more energy efficient than the MK1? or something is wrong?

Greek-R

Reaction score
Same here with mine but haven’t gave it much thought 💭. Maybe light Sensitive don’t think there’s anything wrong
it IS light sensitive. when it's night the dashboard is super bright on Auto(as it should). the question is if anyone knows this is specific to the MK2, or even the R, because my mk1 thp200 had the dashboard lights on regardless on the outside lighting on auto.