What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Looking for NG4 system…

Maximiliaan

Reaction score
Hello all,
My name is Max and I am from Holland. Love browsing the forum and see all the info.
I own a 2011 RCZ in grey since a few years now. Still enjoy it thoroughly! It’s my pride and joy.

However now my NG4 system stopped working. It’s the “system check in progress, do not switch off the engine for 25 mins” notification. Maybe it sounds familiar; it will never disappear. My garage took out the system and shipped it to a professional company to try and fix it. No luck; it’s dead as a dodo……😖
As a new system will set me back about €3700 I am looking for a good working second hand one.
If anybody knows where to find this part I would greatly appreciate the info.
The part number is either 16099875XN or 16079346XN

Bless you all and keep up the great forum!
love, Max

Attachments

• 6657F132-D690-4680-BEB0-EED39CA89018.jpeg
    6657F132-D690-4680-BEB0-EED39CA89018.jpeg
    85.7 KB · Views: 15

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
My NG4 melted internally one day. I spent ages on ebay and luckily one day I managed to find one from a scrapped 5008 that was literally a quarter of the price of ones advertised as from an RCZ.

It's an easy job to swap the faceplate, but you will need the equipment to VIN code the replacement unit to your car.

Maximiliaan

Reaction score
My NG4 melted internally one day. I spent ages on ebay and luckily one day I managed to find one from a scrapped 5008 that was literally a quarter of the price of ones advertised as from an RCZ.

It's an easy job to swap the faceplate, but you will need the equipment to VIN code the replacement unit to your car.
Thanks for the tip. My garage, who are very helpfull by the way, are also looking for me and they can link a new unit to my car. Didn’t know that the unit from a 5008 can also work for an RCZ. This will broaden my search.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Any ng4 should work. I fell lucky, it was about £250 from memory.
The only "rcz" Ng4s were all from Lithuania and Poland at the time and well in excess of £600, excluding shipping.

Maximiliaan

Reaction score

NF7

Reaction score
Too bad: want to buy this one but they don’t want to ship to the Netherlands..:eek:(
Thanks anyway.
I'd gladly sell you mine as I absolutely hate it, but sadly there is no way to replace it with an aftermarket one. I hate the screen, I hate the functionality, but I'm completely blocked at replacing it.

Maximiliaan

Reaction score
Sorry this took to long but as people here are friendly enough to try and help me here is what I did.
Bought an aftermarket touchscreen navi/radio system intended for this type of Peugeot. It costs about the same as a second hand original system. Came with plug&play sets of cables so it was an easy install and fits perfectly. I think of it as an upgrade to the car. (could have waited out and bought the original radio but then it would be old and may break soon also..)
Installed a reverse camera on the back while I was at it. Connected a small speaker to the radio and left it behind the dash to hear the reversing beeps.
only drawback I can see is that I can’t seem to set the analog clock in the dash but the screen has a clock on it.
hopefully this helps somebody encountering this issue in the future. Thanks again everybody here!

NF7

Reaction score
Do you have any links? Which one did you buy?

NF7

Reaction score
Do you have JBL package in your car from the start?

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
I think if you start the work on your RCZ and I am sure that you would disconnect the battery at the time of doing the work you could connect the battery at the same time that the clock is saying and this might work with the clock at the correct time ⌚

Reactions: NF7

NF7

Reaction score
I think if you start the work on your RCZ and I am sure that you would disconnect the battery at the time of doing the work you could connect the battery at the same time that the clock is saying and this might work with the clock at the correct time ⌚
If you disconnect the battery at 23:45 and reconnect it at 23:59, the car will register the clock as 00:00 and you’ll have a correct time (for as long as you do not have DST).